The danger of hard-heartedness to the poor : a sermon preach'd in the Parish-Church of St. Sepulchers, May 31, 1705 being Thursday in Whitson Week, at meeting of the gentlemen concerned in promoting the charity-schools in and about the cities of London and Westminster : at which time and place the several masters and mistresses of the said schools appeared with the poor children under their care in number above two thousand / by George Stanhope
- Stanhope, George, 1660-1728
- London : Printed for S. Keble, R. Sare, T. Goodwin, M. Wotton, S. Manship, and B. Took, 1705.
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages ; 22 cm (4to).
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- "Published at the request of many persons concerned in this charity".
On text: Luke XVI, 25.
Publisher's advertisement on p. 28 at bottom.
- Binding notes:
- With this is bound: An account of the methods whereby the charity-schools have been erected and managed / Thomas Bray. [London : Printed by J. Downing, 1705] -- The reliqious education of poor children recommended / Francis Gastrell. London : [s.n.] 1707 -- An account of charity-schools lately erected in England, Wales, Ireland. The sixth edition, with large additions. London : Printed and sold by Joseph Downing, 1707 -- A sermon preached before the Right Honourable the Lord-mayor / Robert Bolton. London : Printed for J. Roberts, 1739 -- A sermon preached before the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor ... / Samuel Squire. London : Printed for C. Bathurst, 1745 -- A sermon preached at the Cathedral-church of Salisbury, October 6, 1745 / Thomas Sherlock. London : J. Fletcher ..., 1745 -- A fast sermon on occasion of the rebellion in Scotland in the year 1745 / Henry Stebbing. London : R. Manby [etc.] 1745 -- Reformation of manners, the best thanksgiving, and, the encouragement of religion, the truest support of loyalty / Joseph Clarke. London : Printed for R. Manby and H.S. Cox, 1746 -- The rights of the clergy in the Christian Church asserted / William Wotton. London : Printed for Tim. Goodwin, 1706 -- The usefulness and authority of the Christian clergy's instructions / Thomas Mangey. London : Printed for W. Innys and R. Manby ..., 1734 -- The nature and extent of church-authority / Zachariah Mudge. London : Printed for Sam. Birt. and Edw. Score ..., 1748 -- A sermon preached in the chapel at Lambeth, June xii. 1737 / Samuel Shuckford. London : Printed for J. and R. Tonson ..., 1737 -- A sermon preach'd in the chapel at Lambeth February xviii, 1738-9 ... / John Chapman. London : Printed for W. Innys and R. Manby ..., 1739 -- Concio ad synodum ab archiepiscopi commissariis episcopis & clero ... / Samuel Lisle. Londini : Impensis J. and J. Pemberton ..., 1734-5 [i.e. 1735] -- Concio ad synodum ab Archiepiscopo, episcopis, reliquoque clero ... / Zachary Pearce. Londini : Typis Joannis Watts, 1741 -- Concio ad synodum ab archiepiscopi commissariis, episcopis, reliquoque clero ... / John Chapman. [London] : Sumptibus S. Birt. Typis Edv. Owen, 1748 -- Concio ad clerum Londinensem habita in ecclesiâ parochiali ... / William Berriman. Londini : Typis H. Woodfall, 1742 -- Concio ad clerum Londinensem ... / Joseph Trapp. Londini : Impensis S. Austen, in Vico Newgate-Street, 1743.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, T032057.
View MARC record | catkey: 2086829