El Greco : identity and transformation : Crete, Italy, Spain / edited by José Alvarez Lopera
- Greco, 1541?-1614
- [Madrid] : Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza ; Milano : Skira, 1999.
New York, NY : Distributed in North America and Latin America by Abbeville Publishing Group.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 465 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Álvarez Lopera, José, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Palazzo delle esposizioni (Rome, Italy), and Ethnikē Pinakothēkē, Mouseion Alexandrou Soutsou
- The construction of a painter : a century of searching for and interpreting El Greco / José Alvarez Lopera -- El Greco invested with nationalist ideologies / Nicos Hadjinicolaou -- Cretan painting during the XV and XVI centuries : the long path towards Domenikos Theotokopoulos and his early production / Maria Constantoudaki-Kitromilides -- El Greco in Italy and Italian art / Lionello Puppi -- 1570-1575 : the situation of painting in Rome / Claudio Strinati -- El Greco in Spain / José Manuel Pita Andrade -- El Greco's artistic thought : from the eyes of the soul to the eyes of reason / Fernando Marías -- The ascent of the mind to God : El Greco's religious imagery and spiritual reform in Spain / David Davies.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at: Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid, Feb. 3-May 16, 1999; Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Rome, June 2-Sept. 19, 1999; National Gallery-Alexandros Soutzos Museum, Athens, Oct. 18, 1999-Jan. 17, 2000.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 445-464).
View MARC record | catkey: 2090823