The new man, or, A supplication from an vnknowne person, a Roman Catholike vnto Iames, the monarch of Great Brittaine, and from him to the emperour, kings and princes of the Christian world [microform] : touching the causes and reasons that wil argue a necessity of a generall councell to be forthwith assembled against him that now vsurps the papall chaire, vnder the name of Paul the Fifth : wherein are discouered more of the secret iniquities of that chaire and court, then hitherto their friends feared, or their very aduersaries did suspect / translated into English by William Crashaw ... according to the Latine copy sent from Rome into England
- Uniform Title:
- Supplicatio ad imperatorem reges, principes, super causis generalis consiliji convocandi. English. 1622
- London : Printed by Barnard Alsop, for George Norton, and are to be sold in Distaffe-lane, at the signe of the Dolphin, 1622.
- Physical Description:
- 22 unnumbered pages, 56 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Becanus, Martinus, 1563-1624, De Dominis, Marco Antonio, 1560-1624, and Crashaw, William, 1572-1626
- Related Titles:
- Supplication from an vnknowne person, a Roman Catholike vnto Iames, the monarch of Great Brittaine
- Erroneously attributed by STC to Martin Becanus--Cf. NUC pre-1956 imprints.
Also attributed to Marco Antonio de Dominis--Cf. Clark Lib. cat.
Signatures: A p4 s(-A1) B p4 s b p4 s C-I p4 s (signatures B1 and B2 inserted between signatures A2 and A3).
Reproduction of original in the Trinity College (University of Cambridge). Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1762:22).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.). 1706.
View MARC record | catkey: 2091844