The vvhole booke of psalmes [microform] / collected into English meeter, by Thomas Sternhold, John Hopkins, and others, conferred with the Hebrew, with apt notes to sing them withall ; set forth and allowed to be sung in all churches, of all the people together, before and after morning and evening prayer, and also before and after sermons, and moreover in private houses, for their godly solace and comfort, laying apart all ungodly songs and ballads, which tend onely to the nourishing of vice, and corrupting of youth
- Sternhold, Thomas, -1549
- Uniform Title:
- Whole book of Psalms. 1630
- [Cambridge, England] : Printed by Thomas and John Buck, printers to the Universitie of Cambridge, 1630.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 88 pages, 6 unnumbered pages : music
- Additional Creators:
- Hopkins, John, -1570
- Related Titles:
- Bible. Psalms. English. Sternhold and Hopkins. 1630
Whole book of psalmes
- Signatures: A-F p8 s G p3 s.
Pages 26-27 and 38-39 misnumbered as 42-43 and 54-55 respectively.
Title in ornamental border.
Imperfect: pages torn and cropped with loss of print; last leaf blank or lacking.
Reproduction of original in the Cambridge University Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1771:13).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.). 2624.
View MARC record | catkey: 2092246