A briefe, excellent, and profitable discourse, of the naturall beginning of all growing and liuing things, heate, generation, effects of the spirits, gouernment, vse and abuse of phisicke, preseruation, &c [microform] : no lesse pleasant and acceptable to the students of philosophie and phisicke, then beneficiall and necessarie for all others, desirous either of knowledge, health, youth, and long life : collected and tradused as wel forth of the best olde wryters, as out of the new, and most approued in our daies : in the ende wherof is shewed, the order and composition of a most heauenly water, for the preseruation of mans lyfe / by Iohn Iones phisicion ; herevnto is anexed, a right learned, and profitable work, entituled, Galens booke of elements, by the same author ; in the ende wherof is adioyned two other bookes, containing the nature, propertie and effects of all the bathes in England, aswel the bathes of the citie of Bathes, as the bathes or wells at Buckstone in Darbyshyre, by the same author
- Jones, John, active 1562-1579
- Imprinted at London : By William Iones, dvvelling in Paules Churchyard at the southvvest doore of Paules, and are ther to be sold, 1574.
- Physical Description:
- 64 unnumbered pages, 6, that is, 12 pages, 16 unnumbered pages, 35, that is, 68 pages, 24 unnumbered pages, 20, that is, 40 pages, 7 unnumbered pages, 2 unnumbered folded leaves : illustrations
- Related Titles:
- Galens bookes of elementes, Bathes of Bathes ayde, Benefit of the auncient bathes of Buckstones, and Discourse of the naturall beginning of grovving and liuing things
- In four pts., "Galens bookes of elementes", "The bathes of Bathes ayde", and "The benefit of the auncient bathes of Buckstones" each has special t.p., Running title of pt. 1: A discourse of the naturall beginning of grovving and liuing things., "Seene and allowed.", Errata: p.  of pt. 1., Marginal notes., Title within ornamental border., Signatures: A-G p4 s, p2 sA-B p4 s p2 sC p2 s, a-b p4 s p3 sA- H p4 s p3 sI p2 s p3 sK p4 s, [double dagger] p4 s * p4 s p4 sA-E p4 s G p4 s., Item at reel 1797:12 is replacement copy for defective Huntington Library copy at reel 420:15., Reproduction of originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Bodleian Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1976 and 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 420:15 and 1797:12).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.). 14725.
View MARC record | catkey: 2095070