The portraiture of the image of God in man, in his three estates, of [brace] creation, restauration, glorification [microform] : digested into two parts, the first containing the image of God both in the body and soule of man, and immortality of both, with a description of the severall members of the body, and the two principall faculties of the soule, the vnderstanding and the will, in which consisteth his knowledge, and liberty of his will : the second containing the passions of man in the concupiscible and irascible part of the soule, his dominion over the creatures, also a description of his active and contemplative life, with his conjunct or married estate : whereunto is annexed an explication of sundry naturall and morall observations for the clearing of diverse Scriptures : all set downe by way of collation, and cleered by sundry distinctions, both out of the schoolemen and moderne writers / by Iohn Weemse ...
- Weemes, John, 1579?-1636
- London : Printed by T.C. for Iohn Bellamie, and are to be sold at his shop at the signe of the Three Golden Lyons in Cornehill, neere the Royall Exchange, 1632 [i.e. 1633]
- The second edition corrected and enlarged.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, 283 pages, 7 unnumbered pages, 145 pages, 7 unnumbered pages : illustrations
- "Observations, naturall and morall" has special t.p. with 1633 imprint., Statement of responsibility follows edition statement., Signatures: A p4 s a-b p4 s B-S p8 s T p4 s U p2 s, p2 sA p4 s(-A1?) B-I p8 s K p10 s c p2 s., Includes index., Numerous errors in paging., Imperfect: Contents and t.p. of "Observations, naturall and morall" bound and filmed before general t.p., Reproduction of original in the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1985. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1844:6).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.). 25217.3.
View MARC record | catkey: 2098108