How NATO adapts : strategy and organization in the Atlantic Alliance since 1950 / Seth A. Johnston, US Military Academy, West Point
- Johnston, Seth A. (Seth Allen), 1981-
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 252 pages ; 23 cm.
- Johns Hopkins University studies in historical and political science ; 132nd series (2017) 1
- Introduction -- Historical institutionalism and the framework of "critical junctures" -- Institutional actors and the mechanisms of NATO adaptation -- The West German question in the early Cold War, 1950-1955 -- Flexible response and the future tasks of the Alliance, 1962-1967 -- NATO and the new world order, 1992-1997 -- NATO adaptation into the Twenty-First Century, 1999-2012 -- How NATO adapts.
- 9781421421988 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 1421421984 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-243) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21040387