Westworld. Season one, The maze / HBO ; Bad Robot Productions ; Kilter Films ; Jerry Weintraub Productions ; Warner Bros. Television ; created for television by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy
- Uniform Title:
- Westworld (Television program). Season 1, The maze
- Additional Titles:
- Westworld. Season 1, The maze
Westworld. First season, The maze
Westworld. 1st season, The maze
Westworld. The complete first season
Westworld. The complete 1st season
- [Los Angeles, Calif.] : HBO, 
Burbank, CA : Warner Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 3 videodiscs (approximately 619 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Nolan, Jonathan
Wood, Evan Rachel, 1987-
Newton, Thandie, 1972-
Hopkins, Anthony, 1937-
Harris, Ed, 1950-
Berdal, Ingrid Bolsø, 1980-
Collins, Clifton, Jr.
Marsden, James, 1973-
Thompson, Tessa, 1983-
Hemsworth, Luke, 1980-
Knudsen, Sidse Babett
Santoro, Rodrigo, 1975-
Sarafyan, Angela, 1983-
Woodward, Shannon, 1984-
Crichton, Michael, 1942-2008
Home Box Office (Firm)
HBO Entertainment (Firm)
Bad Robot (Firm)
Jerry Weintraub Productions
Warner Bros. Television
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English or Portuguese; French, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, or Thai subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- Disc 1: 1. The original ; 2. Chestnut ; 3. The stray -- Disc 2. 4. Dissonance theory ; 5. Contrapasso ; 6. The adversary ; 7. Trompe L'Oeil -- Disc 3. 8. Trace decay ; 9. The well-tempered clavier ; 10. The bicameral mind.
- A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin -- exploring a world in which every human appetite, not matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged. Exploring what it means to be human through the eyes of the lifelike AI "hosts" in the park, the series investigates the boundaries of an exotic world set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past. Meticulously crafted and artfully designed. Westworld offers its guests an unparalleled, immersive world where they have the freedom to become who they've always wanted to be -- or who they never knew they were. No rules, no laws, no judgment. Live without limits.
- Related Titles:
- Container of (work): Westworld (Television program). Season 1.
Container of (expression): Westworld (Television program). Season 1. French
Container of (expression): Westworld (Television program). Season 1. Portuguese
Container of (expression): Westworld (Television program). Season 1. Spanish
Based on (work): Westworld (Motion picture)
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video region 1
- Form of work:
- Television programs
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Based on the book by Michael Crichton.
Originally broadcast on television by HBO in 2016.
Language options taken from DVD menu screen and may not be present on container packaging.
16x9 wide screen (1.78:1).
Special features: Realizing the Dream: first week on the set of Westworld ; Imagining the main title ; The key to the chords ; Gag reel ; Welcome to Westworld ; Crafting the Narrative ; An invitation to the set ; About the series ; Reality of A.I.: Westworld ; "The Big Moment" Featurettes.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Wright, Ed Harris, Ben Barnes, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Clifton Collins Jr., James Marsden, Tessa Thompson, Luke Hemsworth, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Simon Quarterman, Rodrigo Santoro, Angela Sarafyan, Jimmi Simpson, Shannon Woodward.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 21060451