Orpheus ; Mass / Stravinsky
- Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- [Place of publication not identified] : RCA Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Bloom, Robert, 1908-1994, Criss, W., Miller, Mitch, Polisi, William, Garfield, Bernard, Vacchiano, William, Statter, A., Pulis, Gordon, Haney, Lewis Van, Ostrander, Allen, 1909-1994, Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971, RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra, and Church of the Blessed Sacrament (New York, N.Y.). Choir
- Language Note:
- Sung in Latin.
- Orpheus : ballet in 3 scenes (58:16) -- Mass, for mixed chorus and double wind quintet (19:27).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Original LP released on Columbia Masterworks as LM 1033 in 1950.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra ; Igor Stravinsky, conductor (1st work); Church of the Blessed Sacrament Choir ; R. Bloom, W. Criss, Mitchell Miller, oboes ; W. Polisi, Bernard Garfield, bassoons ; William Vacchiano, A. Statter, trumpets ; G. Pulis, L. Haney, Allen Ostrander, trombone ; Igor Stravinsky, conductor (2nd work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- First work recorded Manhatten Center, New York City February 22-23, 1949.
Second work recorded Town Hall, New York City February 24-25, 1949.
View MARC record | catkey: 21061309