Piano concerto no. 3 / Prokofiev. Piano concerto no. 1 / Rachmaninoff. Solo works / by Prokofiev, Schumann, Mendelssohn & Pinto
- New York : Universal Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Janis, Byron, Kondrashin, Kirill, 1914-1981, Prokofiev, Sergey, 1891-1953, Rachmaninoff, Sergei, 1873-1943, Schumann, Robert, 1810-1856, Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847, Pinto, Octavio, 1890-1950. Selections, and Moskovskai︠a︡ gosudarstvennai︠a︡ filarmonii︠a︡. Simfonicheskiĭ orkestr
- Piano concerto no. 3 in C major, opus 26 / Serge Prokofiev (28:32) -- Piano concerto no. 1 in F-sharp minor, opus 1 / Sergei Rachmaninoff (25:42) -- Toccata / Serge Prokofiev (4:06) -- Variations on a theme by Clara Wieck : "Quasi variazioni" / Robert Schumann (7:16) -- Song without words, opus 62, no. 1 / Felix Mendelssohn (2:46) -- Three scenes from childhood / Octavio Pinto (8:19).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Originally released on SR90300 (1st-2nd works), SR90305 (3rd and 5th-6th works), and SR90283 [that is, SR90383] (4th work).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Byron Janis, piano ; Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, Kyril Kondrashin, conductor (1st-2nd works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- 4th work recorded 1964 January 24 Fine Recording, New York.
Remainder recorded 1962 June 8-13 Bolshoi Hall of the Tchaikovsky Conservatory, Moscow.
View MARC record | catkey: 21061713