Insect populations in theory and in practice : 19th Symposium of the Royal Entomological Society 10-11 September 1997 at the University of Newcastle / edited by J.P. Dempster and I.F.G. McLean
- Corporate Author:
- Royal Entomological Society of London. Symposium (19th : 1997) University of Newcastle
- Dordrecht ; London : Kluwer Academic, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xx, 486 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McLean, I. F. G.
Dempster, J. P. (Jack P.), 1930-
- Spatial structure and dynamics of insect populations / Ilkka Hanski -- The regulation of populations by density-dependent processes / Michael P. Hassell -- The role of density-dependent processes in the stabilization of insect populations / P. J. den Boer -- Resource limitation of populations and ceiling models / J. P. Dempster -- The problems associated with the identification of density dependence in population data / Peter Rothery -- Host-parasitoid dynamics / H. C. J. Godfray and C. B. Müller -- Biological control of insects: implications for theory in population ecology / William W. Murdoch, Cheryl J. Briggs and Timothy R. Collier -- The effects of qualitative changes of individuals in the population dynamics of insects / S. R. Leather and C. S Awmack -- Population dynamics of aphids / A. F. G. Dixon and P. Kindlmann -- The population dynamics of Tephritidae that inhabit flower-heads / N. A. Straw -- Population dynamics in the genus Maculinea (Lepidoptera: Lycaenidae) / J. A. Thomas, R. T. Clarke, G. W. Elmes and M. E. Hochberg -- The dynamics of a herbivore-plant interaction, the cinnabar moth and ragwort / Eddy van der Meijden, Roger M. Nisbet and Mick J. Crawley -- The population dynamics of Operophtera brumata (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) / Jens Roland -- Population ecology of a gall-inducing sawfly, Euura lasiolepis, and relatives / Peter W. Price, Timothy P. Craig and Mark D. Hunter -- The population ecology of Trichochermes walkeri / Ian F. G. McLean -- Bottom-up population regulation of a herbivorous lady beetle: an evolutionary perspective / Takayuki Ohgushi -- The population ecology of Megaloprepus coerulatus and its effect on species assemblages in water-filled tree holes / Ola M. Fincke.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2111265