Transnational Asia Pacific : gender, culture, and the public sphere / edited by Shirley Geok-lin Lim, Larry E. Smith, and Wimal Dissanayake ; with the assistance of Laura Scott Holliday
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 192 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lim, Shirley
Smith, Larry E.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction / Shirley Geok-lin Lim and Wimal Dissanayake -- Posit(ion)ing human rights in the current global conjuncture / Pheng Cheah -- Bodies, letters, catalogs: Filipinas in transnational space / Rolando B. Tolentino -- The West's "comfort women" and the discourses of seduction / Lynn Thiesmeyer -- Bloody Mary meets Lois-Ann Yamanaka: imagining Asia/Pacific, from South Pacific to Bamboo Ridge / Rob Wilson -- Representing the "new" Asia: Dick Lee, pop music, and a Singapore modern / C.J. W.-L. Wee -- Killing motherhood as institution and reclaiming motherhood as experience: Japanese women writers, 1970s-90s / Fukuko Kobayashi -- The melting pot of assimilation: cannibalizing the multicultural body / Sneja Gunew -- Dropping the towel : images of the body in contemporary Thai women's writing / Susan Fulop Kepner.
- 0252024923 (acid-free paper)
0252068092 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- "An Illini book from the University of Illinois Press"--P.  of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2112812