Fieldwork dilemmas : anthropologists in postsocialist states / edited by Hermine G. De Soto and Nora Dudwick
- Madison, Wis. : University of Wisconsin Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 250 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- De Soto, Hermine G.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Postsocialism and the fieldwork of war / Nora Dudwick -- Would the real nationalists please step forward: destructive narration in Macedonia / K.S. Brown -- Telling stories of Serbia: native and other dilemmas on the edge of chaos / Marko Zǐvković -- Crossing western boundaries: how East Berlin women observed women researchers from the West after socialism, 1991-1992 / Her ine G. De Soto -- Ethnographic encounters in post-Soviet Kyrgyzstan: dilemmas of gender, poverty, and the Cold War / Kathleen Kuehnast -- When text becomes field: fieldwork in "transitional" societies / Igo Barsegian -- Fieldwork and the 'doctoring' of national identities in Arctic Siberia / David G. Anderson -- Intruder in Uzbekistan: walking the line between community needs and anthropological desiderata / Russell Zanca -- Mixed devotions: religion, friendship, and fieldwork in postsocialist Eastern Germany / Daphne Berdahl -- Researcher, advocat, friend: an American fieldworker among Balkan Roma, 1980-1996 / Carol Silverman.
- 0299163709 (cloth : alk. paper)
0299163741 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2118338