Learning sites : social and technological resources for learning / edited by Joan Bliss, Roger Säljö, and Paul Light
- Amsterdam ; New York : Pergamon, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 312 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bliss, Joan, 1936-2011
Säljö, Roger, 1948-
European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction
- Advances in learning and instruction series
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Human Technological Dialectic / Roger Saljo / Joan Bliss -- Pt. 1 Learning and the Negotiation of Meaning -- 2.Learning Mathematics in and outside School: Two Views on Situated Learning / Guida de Abreu -- 3.Situated Selves: Learning to be a Learner / Chris Sinha -- 4.Negotiating Identities and Meanings in the Transmission of Knowledge: Analysis of Interactions in the Context of a Knowledge Exchange Network / Nathalie Muller / Anne-Nelly Perret-Clermont -- 5.Real-world Knowledge and Mathematical Problem-solving in Upper Primary School Children / [et al.] / Lieven Verschaffel / Erik De Corte / Sabien Lasure -- 6.Quantifying Time as a Discursive Practice: Arithmetics, Calendars, Fingers and Group Discussions as Structuring Resources / Jan Wyndhamn / Roger Saljo -- Pt. 2 Learning and Reasoning in Context -- 7.Situated Learning in Instructional Settings: From Euphoria to Feasibility / Hans Gruber / Alexander Renkl / Heinz Mandl -- 8.Engaging with Organisational Memory / Patrizia Marti / Vito Veneziano / [et al.] / Antonio Rizzo -- 9.The Relevance of Relevance in Children's Cognition / Paul Light / Agnes Blaye / Edith Ackermann -- 10.Empirical Abstraction and Imaginative Denial of Rules / Joan Bliss / Orla Cronin / [et al.] / Jon Ogborn -- 11.Enactive Representations in Learning: Pretence, Models and Machines / Edith K. Ackermann -- 12.Contextual Knowledge in the Development of Design Expertise / Anneli Etelapelto / Paul Light -- Pt. 3 Learning with and by Machines -- 13.Gender and IT: Contextualising Differences / Karen Littleton / Maria Bannert -- 14.Information Technology and the Culture of Student Learning / Charles Crook / Paul Light -- 15.Assisting Child-Computer Collaboration in the Zone of Proximal Development (The Vygotskian Inspired System (VIS)) / Rosemary Luckin -- 16.Learning and Discovering with Computational Aids / Vincent Corruble / Joan Bliss -- 17.Situated Cognition: A Challenge to Artificial Intelligence? / Dolores Canamero / Vincent Corruble -- 18.Situated Learning in Autonomous Agents / Bart de Boer / Dolores Canamero -- 19.Situated Learning at the Threshold of the New Millennium / Yrjo Engestrom.
- "Human learning, reasoning and thinking, and the different sites in which these activities take place, are the focus of this book. It presents the results of research into the nature of learning and the influence of different contexts and factors within the context of learning, the constraints that contexts place on reasoning and learning, and the nature of learning when using tools and artefacts. It also addresses the nature of the influence of technology on learning, focusing especially on information technology and how it can influence any type of learning situation." "It will be of interest to educational scientists, sociologists, psychologists, cognitive scientists and researchers in the field of human - computer interaction." --Book Jacket.
- 0080433502 (hc)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-292) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 2124413