The absent museum : blueprint for a museum of contemporary art for the capital of Europe / edited by Dirk Snauwaert ; essays by Manuel Borja-Villel, Charles Esche, Dirk Snauwaert
- Essays. Absences felt and unfelt / Charles Esche ; Towards a museum of the common / Manuel Borja-Villel ; The absent museum : a blueprint for a contemporary art museum / Dirk Snauwaert.
- 'The Absent Museum' is a large thematic exhibition that explores the absence of museums in public debates today. What relation can exist between historical awareness and aesthetic commitment? How can artists maintain the tension between globalisation's paradoxes and history's turbulences, and their individual sensibilities and voices? Works and new productions by around 49 artists - both contemporary and those active in the recent past - map what is at stake for museums and the societies that inspire them.
- 9780300229141 (pbk.), 0300229143 (pbk.), 9789462301740, and 9462301743
- Accompanies the exhibition of the same name conceived and produced by WIELS, Brussels, presented from 20 April to 13 August 2017.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 21274340