Mentoring the new teacher [videorecording] / University of Dayton School of Education ; produced by James B. Rowley, Patricia M. Hart ; directed by Eric L. Johnson
- Alexandria, VA : Distributed by ASCD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 9 videocassettes (154 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in. + 1 facilitator's guide + 2 booklets
- Additional Creators:
- Hart, Patricia M., Johnson, Eric L., Gordon, Stephen P., Sullivan, Cheryl Granade, Rowley, James B., Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, and University of Dayton. School of Education and Health Sciences
- [v. 1] Overview (6 min.) -- [v. 2] Dealing with students' personal problems, Dennis' dilemma (17 min.) -- [v. 3] Classroom discipline, Karen's challenge (17 min.) -- [v. 4] Planning class work, Beth's quandary (18 min.) -- [v. 5] Lack of instructional resources, Michael's dismay (19 min.) -- [v. 6] Parent relations, Julie's jam (20 min.) -- [v. 7] Motivating students, Steve's struggle (20 min.) -- [v. 8] Dealing with individual differences, Tina's predicament (17 min.) -- [v. 9] Evaluating students work, Chris' choice (20 min.).
- Designed to promote teacher reflection and dialogue among pre-service, entry-year, and veteran teachers in a variety of settings. It demonstrates that there is no single right answer or best strategy to professional problems, but rather a diversity of possible answers and a range of effective strategies. The videos are designed to involve participants in personal reflection, group discussion, and collegial problem solving.
- Related Titles:
- Dealing with students' personal problems
Planning class work
Lack of instructional resources
Dealing with individual differences
Evaluating students work
Evaluating student work
- "The project was supported by the University of Dayton's Fund for Academic Development and the Centerville, Kettering, and Oakwood, Ohio, city schools."
Guide and booklets each include a bibliography.
Booklet no. 1: How to help beginning teachers succeed / Stephen P. Gordon. -- Alexandria, VA : ASCD, c1991.
Booklet no. 2: How to mentor in the midst of change / Cheryl Granade Sullivan. -- Alexandria, VA : ASCD, c1992.
Facilitator's guide written by James B. Rowley.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 2127521