Batman, the animated series. Volume four / Warner Bros. Family Entertainment ; Warner Bros. Animation ; producers, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini, Bruce Timm ; executive producer, Jean MacCurdy ; Warner Bros. Television Animation
- Uniform Title:
- Batman, the animated series (Television program)
- Additional Titles:
- Alternate title: New Batman adventures
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 4 videodiscs (521 min.) : DVD video, sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Burnett, Alan
Goodman, Bob (Robert)
Berkowitz, Stan, 1949-
Gerber, Steve, 1947-2008
Lansdale, Joe R., 1951-
Strong, Tara, 1973-
Valencia, Mathew, 1983-
Hastings, Bob, 1925-2014
Zimbalist, Efrem, Jr., 1918-2014
Perlman, Ron, 1950-
Jason, Peter, 1944-
Ansara, Michael, 1922-2013
Bochner, Lloyd, 1924-2005
Bennett, Jeff, 1962-
Barbeau, Adrienne, 1945-
Lopez, Sal, 1954-
Donovan, Michael (Michael David)
Combs, Jeffrey, 1954-
Rocket, Charles, 1949-2005
Berry, Ken, 1933-
Adlon, Pamela, 1968-
Williams, Paul, 1940-
Rich, Allan, 1926-
Wheeler, Maggie, 1961-
Smith, Francesca, 1985-
Newman, Laraine, 1952-
Johnson, Lauri, 1949-
Wilson, Thomas F., 1959-
Silva, Henry, 1928-
Hall, Robert David
Robinson, Bumper, 1974-
Cleverdon, Scott, 1969-
Piddock, Jim, 1956-
Ross, Neil, 1944-
Hayden, Pamela, 1953-
Ironside, Michael, 1950-
Siddall, Brianne, 1963-
Foley, Jeremy, 1983-
Richardson, Kevin Michael
Van Dyke, Phillip, 1984-
Tom, Nicholle, 1978-
Rayle, Hal J.
Hamilton, Linda, 1956-
Matheson, Tim, 1947-
Gilbert, Ed, 1931-1999
Gilbert, Bruce, 1947-
Daily, E. G.
Glover, John, 1944-
Weber, Steven, 1961 March 4-
Walker, Shirley, 1945-2006
Cohen, Harvey R.
Carter, Kristopher, 1972-
Warner Bros. Family Entertainment (Firm)
Warner Bros. Animation
Warner Bros. Television Animation
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- DC Comics classic collection
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Disc 1. Holiday knights / writtenb by Paul Dini ; directed by Dan Riba -- Sins of the father / written by Rich Fogel ; directed by Curt Geda -- Cold comfort / written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Dan Riba -- Double talk / written by Robert Goodman ; directed by Curt Geda -- You scratch my back / written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Butch Lukic -- Never fear / written by Stan Berkowitz ; directed by Kenji Hachizaki. Disc 2. Joker's millions / written by Paul Dini ; directed by Dan Riba -- Growing pains / story by Paul Dini, Robert Goodman ; written by Robert Goodman ; directed by Atsuko Tanaka -- Love is a croc / written by Steve Gerber ; directed by Butch Lukic -- Torch song / written by Rich Fogel ; directed by Curt Geda -- The ultimate thrill / written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Dan Riba -- Over the edge / written by Paul Dini ; directed by Yuichiro Yano. Disc 3. Mean seasons / story by Rich Fogel ; written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Hiroyuki Aoyama -- Critters / story by Steve Gerber ; written by Joe R. Lansdale ; directed by Dan Riba -- Cult of the cat / story by Paul Dini, Stan Berkowitz ; written by Stan Berkowitz ; directed by Butch Lukic -- Animal act / written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Curt Geda -- Old wounds / written by Rich Fogel ; directed by Curt Geda -- The demon within / story by Rusti Bjornhöel ; written by Stan Berkowitz ; directed by Atsuko Tanaka. Disc 4. Legends of the Dark Knight / story by Robert Goodman, Bruce Timm ; written by Robert Goodman ; directed by Dan Riba -- Girl's night out / written by Hilary J. Bader ; directed by Curt Geda -- Mad love / story by Paul Dini, Bruce Timm ; written by Paul Dini ; directed by Butch Lukic -- Chemistry / written by Stan Berkowitz ; directed by Butch Lukic -- Beware the creeper / story by Rich Fogel ; written by Steve Gerber ; directed by Dan Riba -- Judgment day / written by Rich Fogel & Alan Burnett ; directed by Curt Geda.
- The Gotham Knights face their worst enemies - Joker, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and many more - in this comprehensive set that completes the Batman animated saga!
- Batman (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Batgirl (Fictitious character)
- Batman (Fictitious character)
- Nightwing (Fictitious character)
- Robin, the Boy Wonder (Fictitious character)
- Robin, the Boy Wonder (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Batgirl (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Nightwing (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Joker (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Catwoman (Fictitious character)—Drama
- Joker (Fictitious character)
- Good and evil—Drama
- Batman (Personaje literario)—Teatro
- Bien y mal—Teatro
- Catwoman (Fictitious character)
- Good and evil
- Related Titles:
- Batman, the animated series (Television program)
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical stereo Dolby Digital 2.0
- Video File Characteristics:
- laser optical NTSC
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video region 1
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Title from container.
Based on the DC Comics characters; Batman created by Bob Kane.
Originally broadcast on television from 1997 to 1998.
Contains 24 episode from the series.
Special features: Disc 1: Interactive Arkham Asylum (examine the top-secret case files of the Dark Knight's many foes). Disc 2: Commentary on "Over the edge" by producer Bruce Timm, writer-producer Paul Dini, art director Glen Murakami and storyboard artist James Tucker. Disc 3: Commentary on "Critters" by producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, art director Glen Murakami and storyboard artist James Tucker. Disc 4: Commentary on "Legends of the Dark Knight" by producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, art director Glen Murakami and storyboard artist James Tucker (moderator Jason Hillhouse); Trailers.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Batman theme by Shirley Walker ; music by Shirley Walker, Harvey R. Cohen, Michael McCuistion, Kristopher Carter, Lolita Ritmanis ; art director, Glen Murakami ; supervising film editor, Joe Gall.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Voices: Kevin Conroy, Tara Charendoff, Mathew Valencia, Bob Hastings, Robert Costanzo, Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., Loren Lester ; guest starring: Mark Hamill, Ron Perlman, Arleen Sorkin, Diane Pershing, Marilu Henner, Liane Schirmer, Rachel Davey, Tress MacNeille, Corey Burton, Richard Moll, Peter Jason, Michael Ansara, Lloyd Bochner, Jeff Glen Bennett, Ian Patrick Williams, Cree Summer, Lauren Tom, George Dzundza, Mel Winkler, Suzanne Stone, Townsend Coleman, Earl Boen, Patty Maloney, Billy Barty, Adrienne Barbeau, Sal Lopez, Joe Lala, Steve McGowan, Michael David Donovan, Jeffrey Combs, Charles Rocket, Ken Berry, Pamela Segall, Paul Williams, Allan Rich, Sam McMurray, Maggie Wheeler, John Garry, Francesca Marie Smith, Matt Landers, John Rubano, Laraine Newman, Brooks Gardner, Lauri Johnson, Richard Doyle, Buster Jones, Mark Rolston, Karla DeVito, David Paymer, Tom Wilson, Jane Wiedlin, John Mariano, Charity James, Rob Clotworthy, Rebecca Gilchrist, Roddy McDowall, Henry Silva, Sela Ward, Barry Bostwick, Tippi Hedren, Robert David Hall, Bumper Robinson, Dennis Haysbert, Miriam Flynn, Peter Breck, Dina Sherman, Jane Singer, Dorian Harewood, Phil Hayes, Scott Clerverdon, Jim Piddock, Tasia Valenza, Neil Ross, Ian Buchanan, Pamela Hayden, Billy Zane, Stephen Wolfe Smith, Peter Renaday, Gary Owens, Michael Ironside, Michael McKean, Brianne Siddall, Ryan O'Donohue, Anndi McAfee, Jeremy Foley, Kevin M. Richardson, Phillip Van Dyke, Nicholle Tom, Lori Petty, Hal Rayle, Linda Hamilton, Tim Matheson, Ed Gilbert, Bruce Gilbert, E.G. Daily, Billy West, Malachi Throne, John Glover, Jodi Bakersville, Steven Weber.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 21275272