JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource] : India
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 63 pages
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-93-071
- Paper Warns Against 'Surrender' on Kashmir Issue -- Serial Explosions in Bombay: Articles Views. Pakistani Accusation Protested -- Two More Suspects Held -- Pakistani Involvement Proved -- Rethinking of Kashmir's Separate Status Urged by Ashok Pandey -- Congress Credibility Seen Tied to Retaliation Against Pakistan by S. Nihal Singh -- Relations With Bangladesh Seen on Hold, Progress Slow by Manash Ghosh -- Tamil Nadu: Hard Times for Chief Minister. Opposition Questions CM's Status -- Everyone Antagonized by S. Murari -- Rise, Reversal Viewed by Rasheeda Bhagat -- Congress (I) Seen Still Beset by Internal Factionalism by Atanu Bhattacharya -- Rao Party 'Victory' Questioned by Pabitra Kumar Ghosh -- Causes of Renewed Gorkhaland Demand Viewed -- Demand for Pawar's Resignation Criticized -- Tamil Nadu House Speaker: Doordarshan 'Distorted' -- Kerala: Politicians Ignore Forest Encroachment -- BLITZ Editor Interviewed on Switching Support to BJP by S. Balakrishnan -- Nagaland Suffers From Socialist Rebels' Attack -- Rao's Loyalists Rewarded With Foreign Trips -- BJP Seen Offering Strong Opposition to Congress Economic Policies by Atul Jain -- Jharkhand Militancy: South Eastern Rails Blown -- High Court Decision Against Congress Seen Historic -- High Court Judgement Against Congress Seen Significant by Shashi Shekhar -- Congress (I) Said Incapable of Meeting BJP Challenge by R.N. Sharma -- Argument for Smaller States Criticized by Hardwari Lal -- Sikkim Said Preparing for 'Snap' Elections -- Effect of Judicial Verdict Against Congress (I) Viewed -- Congress Said Failing To Capitalize on CPM Mistakes by Tarun Ganguly -- Mamata Banerjee Termed 'Lost Child' of Congress (I) -- Communist Victory in Tripura Called 'No Surprise' -- BJP General Secretary Interviewed on Minorities by K.N. Govindacharya -- New BJP Politician Seen Powerful Mover, Manipulator -- Congress Said Using Reservation Issue to Counter BJP by Nirmal Mitra -- Issue Still Unsettled by Prabhash Joshi -- Ovaisi Plan Examined by Asrar Khan -- BJP Muslims Said Disillusioned, in Limbo by Gautam Chaudhuri -- Darjeeling Area Said Ready to Violently Explode by Keshav Pradhan -- Nehruvian Secularism Said Inspiring Muslim Fundamentalists by Masooma Ranalvi -- Congress (I) Seen Filled With Criminals by M.V. Kamath -- BJP Criticizes Congress' Kashmir Policy -- BJP Termed 'Creeping, Deceitful Enemy' -- CPM Said Abusing Power by Banning Rallies -- CPM Said to Destroy Incriminating Files by Sanjoy Basak -- CPM Blamed for Bengal's Economic Stagnation by Sarala Mukherjee -- New Muslim Leadership Seen More Militant, Confrontationalist by Tabish Khair -- Rao Said Incorporating Elements of Hindu Nationalism by Swapan Dasgupta -- Congress Said Unprepared For Elections in Former BJP States -- Jyoti Basu Said Ready to Lead Anti-BJP Front -- Joshi Said Out of BJP Leadership Circle by Raju Santhanam -- Suspension of Party Member by Congress (I) Seen Harsh, Unnecessary -- Exim Policy: Major Changes Listed, Viewed -- Farmers Rally Under Sharad Joshi for Benefits -- World Bank Withdrawal From Sarovar Project Criticized -- Economic Commentary: Nation Falling Into 'Debt-Trap' by Madhu Dandavate -- Announcement in Parliament -- Policy Highlights -- Budget Said Moving Nation Away From Self-Reliance by Raj Kumar Sen -- Commentary Urges Opposition to Dunkel Draft by Rakesh Singh -- Businessmen View 'Global Export Strategies' -- Dr. Singh Opposes Monopoly of Multinationals -- New Economic Growth Forecast In Punjab by Aynohita Mojumdar -- 1993-94 Budget Critically Examined by Rudra Dutt -- Bengalis Said Harassed by Police in Delhi by Priya Sahgal -- Importance of Verdict Involving Muslim Personal Law Viewed -- Muslims Reportedly Demonstrate Against Showing of Bible Serial.
- Document Date: 5/28/1993.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276307