JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 41 pages : tables
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-92-083
- Boudiaf May Run for Presidency; No Dialogue With FIS -- Negotiations Under Way To Repay Debt to Former USSR -- Security Services Report Nationwide Unrest -- Security Forces Discover Arms, Explosives -- Press Said More Determined Following Violence by Ammar -- Rationale, Implications of New Oil Strategy by Lahouari Addi -- International 'Trotskyite' Group Criticizes 'Oppression' by Abderrezak Merad -- Writer's Perception on FIS Victory, Social Issues by Rachid Mimouni -- Authorities To Redistribute Foreign Press After 2 Years -- Conference on Applications of Materials Science Held by N. Hammouche -- 'Les Islamistes Face au Pouvoir' by Atika Garmat -- 'Les Freres et la Mosquee' by Ahmed Rouadjia -- Milk Shortages Reported; Causes Debated by Akila Benahmed -- AL-IRAQ Criticizes Kurdish Elections -- GPC Affirms Official Position on Extradition Issue by Mouna Naim -- Government Reiterates Rejection of EC Financial Protocol -- Accord With Poland Reportedly Broadens Trade Prospects -- King Hassan Grants Free Pardons on Occasion of 'Id al-Adha -- Former Prisoners in Iran Thank King for Help on Release -- MPCD Leader: Party To Participate in Elections -- OADP Leader on Current Political Topics by Mohamed Bensaid -- Omnium To Establish Offshore Bank by Muhammad al-Sharqi -- Export Figures for 1991-92 Contrasted -- Country To Import 3 Million Tons of Wheat -- Social, Economic Situation Blamed for Increased Crime by Mohamed Jhioui -- Unions Renew Call for Collective Talks -- News of al-Turabi Assault Reaches Khartoum -- Comprehensive Strategy Conference Reviewed by Muhammad al-Shaykh Husayn -- Budget Speech Before TNA Summarized -- Conversion to Dinar Currency Analyzed by Muhammad al-Hasan Ahmad -- Government Faulted for Opposing People's Courts by Saiyd Ali Kabir -- Foreign Ministers Meet Press -- Refugees' Reluctance -- Ershad Indicted for Janata Tower Handling.
- Document Date: 6/25/1992.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276708