JPRS Report. Environmental Issues [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 108 pages
- Environmental issues (1990- ) ; JPRS-TEN-92-009
- UNCED Preparatory Meeting Progress Reported by Zhao Renfang -- Small Island States Prepare 'Policy Plan' for Rio Meeting -- NGO's Global Forum To Parallel Rio Earth Summit -- Countries Worried About Poison Gas in Baltic Sea by Fredrik Laurin -- Convention on Baltic Marine Environment Signed by ITAR-TASS correspondent Aleksandr Surikov] -- Bilateral Conference Endorses Heightened U.S.-Japanese Cooperation -- Kuala Lumpur Declaration on Environment -- Delegates Review Kuala Lumpur Declaration on Environment -- Planning, Management Conference Urges Formation of Regional Association -- Southern African Drought Situation Analyzed -- ICDCS Summit Issues Communique -- Swedish Organization To Invest in Cabo Delgado Reforestation Project -- Nujoma Declares 'National Emergency' Over Drought -- Minister Says Fishing Policies Beginning To Show Results -- CITES Gives Go Ahead on Sale of Crocodile Products -- Joint Venture With Germany on Environmental Protection by staff reporter Wang Xiangwei -- Premier Stresses Importance of Rio Summit: Cooperation With Germany -- Draft Rio Declaration Seen as 'Good Basis' for Further Consideration -- Spread of Air Pollution in Northeast Asia Viewed -- Nuclear Waste Research Agreement With China Reported -- Greenpeace Australia Calls for Permanent Nuclear Test Ban -- Indonesia 'Not Satisfied' With New York Environment Meeting -- Ex-Premier Takeshita on Japan's Role in Global Environment by Prime Minister Takeshita -- Government Launches Major Study of Proposed Environment Tax -- Decision on Environment Tax Postponed Until After Earth Summit -- Business Group To Start Environmental Fund for Developing Nations -- Brazil Urges Japanese Funding Support for Earth Summit -- UNCED Organizer Urges Japan To Assert 'Global Leadership' -- Tokyo Promises Significant Role on Global Environment -- Government Plans Special Body for International Environmental Issues -- Malaysia To Set Up Anti-Environmentalist Task Force in Europe -- Minister Proposes Tightening of Logging Concessions -- Researcher Says Kuala Lumpur Ozone Level Beyond WHO Limits -- German Firm To Help Promote Palm Oil Products -- Mahathir To Attend Rio Earth Summit -- Editorial Previews UN Environment Conference -- Environment, Industry Groups Resist U.S. Trade Accusations -- MPs Say Massive Pollution in Northeast Rivers Caused by Mill by Mali Trisawatdithai -- Elbasan Steelworks Country's Worst Polluter -- Law on Ecological Requirements for Development, Investment Projects -- Slovak Green Party Warns of 'Ecological Indebtedness' by Peter Sabo -- Official on Government Termination of Bos-Nagymaros Dam Contract by Ferenc Madl -- EBRD Signs Investment Program for Environmental Protection -- Ecologist Condemns Practice of Storing Western Waste -- Congressmens' Meeting Seeks Better North, South Relations by Carlos Gilberto Alves -- Government, Political Parties Agree on National Forest Plan by RMH -- 'Disastrous' Situation of Nation's Forests Noted by National Army Colonel Pedro de Jesus Candelier Tejada -- Environmental Study on Guatemala City Published by Mario Carpio Nicolle -- Study Projects Future Water Needs -- Expert Cites Egypt's 'Haphazard' Environmental Planning by Ukashah Abu-al-Dahab -- Minister Elaborates India's Position at UNCED -- India Opts To Join Amended Montreal Protocol -- Environment Minister Views SAARC Countries' Stand on Earth Summit -- Weak Laws Hamper Efforts of National Forests Organization -- Continuing Annual Increase in Air Pollution Noted by Eli Ei'ad -- W. Bank Jewish Authorities Establish Joint Ecological Unit by Liat Collins -- Official Details Government Agriculture, Water Subsidies by Dr. 'Abdallah al-Mu'ammar -- CIS Environmental Policy Prospects Viewed by Yelena Vylegzhanina, Yuriy Barsegov.
Russia To Continue Nuclear Testing -- Vice President Rutskoy To Head Delegation to Rio Earth Summit -- Danilov-Danilyan on Structure, Tasks of Russia's Environment Ministry by V. Danilov-Danilyan -- Environment Minister Views Russia's Ecological Program by Viktor Ivanovich Danilov-Danilyan -- Yablokov Issues Statement on Russia's Ecological Situation by Visiliy Kononenko -- Yabiokov Proposes Concept for Russia's Ecological Security by Aleksey Yablokov -- Yablokov Warns of Russian Nuclear Plant Dangers -- Functions of Russia's New Nuclear Safety Oversight Office Defined by Yuriy Georgiyevich Vishnevskiy -- Ecological Legacy of 'Minatomenergoprom' by Roman Solntsev -- Assurances of Leningrad Reactors' Safety Questioned -- Leningrad AES Incident Commission Chairman Reports Findings -- 'Mayak' Develops Safe Method of Storing Nuclear Waste by ITAR-TASS correspondent Yevgeniy Tkachenko -- Russia's Environmental Experts Victims of Economic Reform by Dmitriy Barinov -- Ulyanovsk Institute Financial, Cadre Problems Imperil AES Safety -- History of Secrecy, Incompetence on Dioxin Issue Scored by Doctor of Chemical Sciences Lev Federov -- Revamping Russia's Pollution Fine Structures by R. Mamin -- Udmurtia Discusses Ways To Dispose of Chemical Weapons by ITAR-TASS correspondent Alfred Artamonov -- Ecological Improvements at Novotroitsk Metal Works Reported by ITAR-TASS corrrespondent Nikolay Goncharov -- 'Self-Preservation' Ecological Movement Formed by V. Shaykin -- Roundtable on Joint Action Program for Saving Volga River -- Conference Examines Environmental Business Prospects in Russia -- Concessions Advocated as Environmental Policy Tool by Valeriy Yun -- Far East Joint Venture Ready To Dismantle Nuclear Submarines -- Environment Official on Future of Ukraine's National Parks by M. Stetsenko -- Soviet Military Bases Leave Legacy of Ecological Damage in Ukraine by Vasyl Hayduk -- Report Suggests Earthquake as Cause of Chernobyl Disaster by Doctor of Technical Sciences Ye.P. Ananyev -- Study Finds Chernobyl Radiation Levels More Dangerous Than Calculated by ITAR-TASS correspondent Dmitriy Patyko -- Ukraine Cabinet Adopts Resolution on Chernobyl Closure -- Government Statement on Ecological Threat at Odessa Oblast Power Plants -- Health Ministers Sign WHO Program on Chernobyl by ITAR-TASS correspondent Sergey Sedov -- History of Radiation Safety at Semipalatinsk Detailed by Fedor Grigoryevich Berestovskiy -- Kazakhstan Seeks Practical Use of Ecologically Pure Energy Sources by KAZTAG correspondent Vladimir Ganzha -- New Variant for Diverting Ob River Runoff Proposed for Aral Region by T. Basabikov -- Aral Committee Officials Protest Squandering of Funds by S. Mirzayev, Yu. Kovalev -- Estonia's Environment Minister on Cost of Baltic Sea Cleanup -- Latvia Lodges Protest Over Chemical Weapon Pollution in Baltic -- Lithuania's Greens Score Government on Environment Initiatives by A. Maldeikiene -- Lithuania, Sweden Sign Environmental Cooperation Accord -- EC's Fifth Environment Action Program Highlighted -- EC Goals for Environment Summit Discussed by Christa Friedl -- Eurajoki Nuclear Waste Depository Commissioned -- Disused Waste Dumps Pose Problem in Eastern Germany -- Fiber-Reinforced Pistons To Reduce Diesel Pollution by Richard Sietmann -- Lack of Energy Policy for Saxony Scored by Helga Roestl -- U.S. Environment Policy Seen as Based on 'Opportunism' -- Research Project Confirms Earlier Ozone Level Reports -- Topfer Proposes Panel on CIS, Eastern Europe Nuclear Safety -- Rio Summit Seen as Long-Term Opportunity by Ernst Ulrich von Weizsaecker -- Rio Summit Seen as Forum for OPEC Concerns by Heinz Juergen Schuermann -- Government Environmental Policy Criticized by Fabrizio Filosa -- Report Issued on State of Environment by Antonio Cianciullo -- Environmental Cooperation Accord With Baltics Signed.
- Document Date: 5/22/1992.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276780