JPRS Report. Epidemiology [electronic resource] : AIDS
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : charts, tables
- Epidemiology (1987- ) ; JPRS-TEP-92-013
- Health Official Says AIDS Cases Greater Than Reported by Dr. Rui Bastos -- EEC Supports Program Against Sexually Transmitted Diseases -- Six Students Diagnosed HIV Positive by Kate Burling -- Cabinet Approves AIDS Control Policy -- AIDS Cases Total 648 to Date by Fara Diaw -- Six-Fold Increase in Chances of HIV-Positive People Contracting Active Tuberculosis -- Heterosexual Contact Most Important Mode To Transmit AIDS -- Number of AIDS Babies, Orphans Increasing by Patu Mwanza -- AIDS Spreading; Condom Distribution Grows -- Total of 1,963 New AIDS Cases in First Four Months of 1992 -- AIDS Drug Development Center Established in Lianyungang by Liu Bo, Chen Jianjun -- Over 700 HIV-Infected Persons Discovered by End of 1991 -- Jilin To Export Anti-AIDS Medicine -- Seven People Test HIV-Positive in June -- End of May, 3,371 HIV Cases Detected; 37 Dead -- Eight More HIV Cases Found in Perlis State -- AIDS in Pregnant Women -- Ministry Organizes Anti-AIDS Effort -- Researchers on Prostitute Demographics, Views, AIDS -- AIDS Control and Prevention Priority -- AIDS Carrier Allowed Entry, Regulations Changed -- Paper Reports Death Toll From AIDS in North -- Total of 1,234 AIDS Patients Reported After Middle of May -- Official Says 70 Percent of AIDS Victims in Rural Areas -- Total of 58 Affected With AIDS -- Medical Institute--No HIV Positive Cases Found in Hanoi -- Programs for AIDS Detection, Prevention by Ylli Savolli -- Recent Statistics on AIDS Noted, Reviewed by Wanda Szata -- New System To Track AIDS Incidence by Daniel Hessel Teich -- Government, WHO Sign Agreement on AIDS Research -- AIDS Statistics Given, Programs Described by Gilda Sarmiento -- Current AIDS Situation Discussed at Seminar -- Panel Discusses AIDS Statistics -- Program Director Confirms 258 Cases of AIDS to Date -- AIDS Cases Total 2,888 Nationwide -- Varying Estimates of HIV Infection Noted. Health Secretariat Epidemiologists Cited by Luis Alberto Rodriguez -- INDRE Figures Provided by Lucia Luna -- Nine AIDS Carriers Identified Through 31 May -- Official Reports on AIDS Cases in Delhi -- Problems of Reporting by Usha Rai -- Effect on Country's Development -- Minister Briefs Parliament on Anti-AIDS Mesaures -- Minister Denies WHO's Claim of 'AIDS Holocaust' -- Health Ministry's Low AIDS Data Said 'Misleading' by Adi Katz -- Minister Says AIDS Situation Not Alarming; 130 Cases -- Saint Petersburg AIDS Service Controversy by Andrey Kozlov -- AIDS Case in Khabarovsk by G. Mironova -- Government Reports 7 Cases of AIDS -- Sharp Increase in AIDS Forecast for Byelarus by BELTA correspondent Lidia Peresypkina -- Poll Results Show Condom Campaign Successful by Henrik Dannemand -- AIDS Awareness Is Increasing Among Young by Stephane Dax -- Increased Use of Personal Needles by F.Dt. -- AIDS Deaths Reported To Rise by 20 Percent by Tom Reddy -- Total of 14,500 Cases of AIDS, 6,000 Deaths -- HIV Statistics Reported, Trends Examined by Kerstin Hellbom -- HIV Infected Complain of Job Discrimination by Vivianne Sprengel -- Statistics on AIDS, Other Illnesses Given by David Fletcher.
- Document Date: 7/30/1992.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276795