JPRS Report. Proliferation Issues [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : tables
- Proliferation issues (1991- ) ; JPRS-TND-92-037
- Premier Supports Pakistan Nuclear-Free Zone -- Spokesman Confirms Underground Nuclear Test -- New Office To Handle Arms Transactions -- Construction of Daya Bay N-Station Complete -- Nuclear Power Station Expected 'Next Decade' -- Nuclear-Fusion Research Accord Signed -- Government To Host OECD Talks on Nuclear Energy -- Greenpeace Issues Warning -- Secrecy Stressed -- Nauru Leader Notes Opposition -- No Emergency Ports Identified -- Forum Urges Opposition -- Inspection Preconditions Termed 'Unreasonable' -- Koreas To Hold Nuclear Control Talks 14 Oct -- No Tae-u on Nuclear Issues at News Briefing by ROK President No Tae-u -- JNCC Chairman Urges Unity in Nuclear Inspection -- Asian-Pacific IAEA Training Course Opens -- Minister Opposes Japanese Plutonium Shipment -- Kozloduy Nuclear Plant Shuts Down Reactors -- Ministers Disagree od Need To Complete Temelin -- Chemical Factory in Vitez Hit by Serb Aircraft -- Nuclear Energy Agreement Signed With France -- Talks With Argentina, Brazil on Plutonium Shipment by Maria Angelica Rodriguez -- Delegate to Vienna Speaks on Nuclear Issues. Increased Security Proposed -- Plant Construction To Continue -- Firm Produces Items for CIS, Gulf Missiles, Subs -- Rao Returns From 'Fruitful' Paris Talks -- Former Army Chief on South Asia Nuclear Status -- Daily Criticizes IAEA Leniency on Israel -- UN Supervising Destruction of CW Stockpiles -- SAIRI Reports Threat of CW Spraying in South -- UN Team Finds No CW at Sites North of Baghdad -- U.S. Reportedly To Finance UAV Examination by defense affairs correspondent Aluf Ben -- Germany To Finance Third Patriot Battery by military correspondent Dani Sade -- Naval, Airborne Warfare Simulator Unveiled by Michael Rotem -- Arrow Project's Merit Questioned by Re'uven Pedatzur -- China Offers 300 MW Nuclear Power Plant. No Preconditions Set -- Plant Under Construction -- Nuclear Reactors To Foster Self-Sufficiency -- Reports of IAEA Inspection Termed 'Baseless' -- Al-Shar' Links CW Treaty to Nuclear Pact, Israel -- CIS Nuclear Arms Security Worries Poles by Anna Taukhert -- CIS Nuclear Brain Drain Alarms Germany by V. Kondratyev, V. Agayev -- CIS' Shaposhnikov on Status of Nuclear Forces by Marshal of Aviation Yevgeniy Shaposhnikov -- CIS Defense Ministers Discuss Nuclear Forces -- CIS Chemical Weapons Destruction Sites Eyed by KRASNAYA ZVEZDA correspondent Aleksandr Dolgikh -- Commentary on U.S. Suspension of Nuclear Tests by Vladislav Kozyakov -- Russia, U.S. Sign Defense Agreement by ITAR-TASS correspondent Vladimir Matyash -- Russia Hails U.S. Ratification of Arms Treaty -- Russian, Pakistani Officials Discuss Proliferation -- Russian Minister Attends Tokyo Nuclear Symposium by ITAR-TASS correspondent Andrey Varlamov -- Russian Official Warns of Nuclear Threat -- Presidential Directive -- Government Decree -- Export Control Statute -- Russia's Krasnoyarsk Reactor Shut Down by ITAR-TASS correspondent Yuriy Khots -- Details Reported -- Closure Worries Staff by G. Nikolayev, I. Dolgushina -- Russian Nuclear Energy, Arms Laws Examined by K. Belyaninov -- Europarliamentarians Visit by S. Sergeyev, V. Sosunov -- Radiation Legacy Viewed by A. Shesterkina, S. Gordiyenko -- Radioactive Spill Reported in Vitebsk Plant -- Ukraine Foreign Ministry on Use of Uranium -- Ukraine Claims Independent Role in Uranium Trade -- Ukraine Rules Out Strategic Nuclear Forces by UKRINFORM correspondent Sergey Balykov -- Ukraine To Accede to NPT, IAEA Inspections by Ukrainian Foreign Minister A. Zlenko -- Belarus Accepts U.S. Aid To Remove Nuclear Arms by BELINFORM correspondent Leonid Tratsevskiy -- Tartarstan Parliament Declares Nuclear Free Zone -- Company Packaging Plutonium for Japan -- Ship With Nerve Gas Sent Buck to Bombay by Friedrich Kuhn.
- Document Date: 10/9/1992.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276854