JPRS Report. Epidemiology [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 42 pages : tables
- Epidemiology (1987- ) ; JPRS-TEP-92-008
- Epidemiological Report for Namibe Privince -- Cholera Outbreak in Bujumbura -- Ministry Takes Stock of Meningitis Outbreak -- BBC Reports Meningitis 'Claiming Many Lives' -- Meningitis Outbreak in Brong Ahafo by Joe Bradford Nvinah -- Burkina Cooperating on Livestock Diseases -- More Than 57 Cholera Cases, Two Deaths in Gaza -- Beira Health Sources Report 200 Cholera Cases in Feb -- Seventeen Deaths of Cholera From 26 Jan to 26 Feb -- Sofala Province Records 19 Cholera Cases By 16 Mar -- Four Die of Cholera in Sofala Province -- Cholera Situation in Chokwe Worrying Health Officials -- High Incidence of Infection by Ben Ukwuoma -- Team To Study Cholera, Meningitis Outbreak by Onajomo Orere -- Radio Reports Meningitis, Measles Outbreak in Kano -- Group Claims Cholera Traces Found Near Zevenfontein Camp -- Brucellosis Outbreak in Shiselweni Region, Nhlangano -- Cholera Breaks Out in Moarara District by Justus Muhanguzi -- Quarantine on Livestock Movement Lifted by Sam Mukalazi -- Cholera Toll 20 Deaths in One Week -- Cholera Resurfaces in Petauke -- Seventeen Kitwe Prison Inmates Die of Cholera, Dysentry -- Ten Dysentery Deaths in 2 Districts -- Health Minister Says Malaria Claimed 10,000 Lives Last Year -- Epidemic Deaths Down for 1991 by staff reporter Zhu Baoxia -- Ministry Statistics Show Decline in Infectious Diseases -- Disease Prevention Effort Expanded -- UNTAC, Refugees Vulnerable to Drug-Resistant Malaria -- Cholera Victim Recently Returned From Southeast Asian Tour -- Epidemic Cases in Champassak Province -- Animal Disease Outbreaks in Bokeo Detailed -- Animal Epidemic in Champassak -- Typhoid Ails One-Third of Western Highlands People -- Anthrax Outbreak in Udon -- Cooperation With Burma on Malaria Eradication -- New Hog Disease Outbreak Feared -- Cattle Shipments Spread Hoof and Mouth Disease -- Malaria Infected 45,000 in Son La in 1991 by Thu Hien -- Major Anti-Malaria Campaign Launched in Nghe An -- Malaria Kills 140 in Ha Tinh Province -- Government Provides Aid To Fight Malaria Epidemic -- Caribbean Epidemiology Center Report on Cholera -- Health Ministers Issue Declaration on Cholera -- State Oil Company Has Successful Anti-Cholera Campaign by Carlos A. Pefaur -- Joint Campaign Against Cholera Planned With Bolivia -- Pernambuco Cholera Figures Distorted -- Rapid Spread of Cholera in Northeast Surveyed -- Epidemiologist Denies Existence of Cholera in Cuba -- Havana Reports Typhoid Outbreak in Dominican Republic -- Tomato Crop Threatened by Virus, White Fly by Marino Zapete C. -- Cholera Cases Total 200 in Atitlan -- Cholera Strikes Three Towns in Solala by contributor Edgar Rene Saenz -- Team Investigates Deaths Near Brazilian Border -- Minister Addresses House on Anti-Cholera Campaign -- Twenty-Six Cases of Cholera Reported -- Malaria Becoming National Health Problem -- "Various Diseases" Kill 166 Burmese Refugees -- Diarrhea Claims 203 Lives in Five Southern Districts -- Ulcerative Syndrome Identified -- Further Cases -- Need for Study -- Fish Disease Epidemic in Brahmanbaria District -- Fight Against Malaria, Planned Statistics Released -- Illegal Immigrants Source of Malaria Spread -- Malaria Outbreak Forecast Due to Immigration, Rainy Winter by Ronit Morgenstern -- Epidemic of Salmonellosis, Meningitis by A.R. -- Cholera Outbreak in Greater Colombo Area -- Polymorphism of Clinical Manifestations of Lyme Borrelia Infection by Ye. P. Dekonenko, K. G. Umanskiy, L. V. Kupriyanova, Yu. P. Rudometov, I. Ye. Virych, F. I. Bagrov, S. G. Drozdov -- Typhus Epidemic in Zakatalskiy Rayon Over by E. Mikailzade -- Vladivostok Conditions Conducive to Infectious Disease -- Typhus in Chelyabinsk by Georgiy Shcherbina -- Possible Typhoid Fever Outbreak in Southern Ossetia by K. Blyaninov -- Increase in Syphilis Cases by O. Plakhotnikova. and VD Incidence in Kuban Up 50 Percent -- Cholera Threat in Odessa by correspondent D. Romanov -- Tbilisi Refutes Cholera Threat as Moscow 'Disinformation' -- Flu Closes Moscow Schools -- Rumors of Serious Flu Threat Debunked by Professor by I. Nevinnaya -- Flu Epidemic Spreads to Perm -- Influenza in Kuzbass -- Recombinant Vaccine Against Hepatitis B in Clinical Testing by Yana Zhilayeva -- Hepatitis Outbreak in Murmansk Caused by 'Polluted Water' -- Trichinosis Outbreak in Moscow Caused by Infected Pork -- Influenza Epidemic Fills Cork Hospitals by Dick Cross -- Meningitis Forces Cork School Closing by Clodagh Sheehy -- Meningitis Appearance in Cork Sparks Fears by Tony Connelly -- New Outbreak of Mad Cow Disease -- Badgers Said To Spread Bovine Tuberculosis -- Cerebrospinal Meningitis in Rogaland -- Brucellosis Cases Seen Increasing by Imtiaz Juma -- Swine Fever Affects Monchique Area -- Fall in Salmonella Attributed to Gulf War by David Fletcher.
- Document Date: 5/5/1992.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21276861