JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 61 pages : tables
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-91-006
- Factional Activity in Sidon Described by Shefi Gaba'i -- Bendjedid Reportedly Increases Power of Presidency by Qasiy Salih al-Darwish -- Bank of Algeria Governor Nacer Discusses External Debt by Mr. Hadi Nacer -- Minister of Economy Proposes New Import-Export Bylaws by Ra'fat Amin, Ibtisam Sa'd -- Budget Influence on Aid by Usamah Saraya -- Official on Investment Outlook by Dr. Muhyi-al-Din al-Gharib -- Suez Canal Development, Recouping of Revenue Discussed by Khalid Hamzah -- Journalist Interviewed on Media Activities in Gulf Crisis by Iraqi journalist Hasan al-'Alawi -- Steps Taken to Encourage Personal Savings by Sa'id 'Abud al-Samara'i -- Israeli Defense Minister on Saddam's Intentions by Israeli defense Minister Moshe Arens -- Levi's Relations With Cabinet Staff Described by Foreign Minister David Levi -- Moda'i Predicts Quick Economic Growth by Aharon Pri'el -- Labor Hawks, Generals Angry at Gaza First Initiative -- Helicopter, Submarine Coordinated Training by Dror Maiom -- Plans To Exploit Oil Shale by Gabi Baron -- Settlements Planned in Wadi 'Arab, Nahal 'Iron -- New Immigrant Apartments Planned for Negev by Uri Binder -- Economic Infrastructure Required in Territories by Yehuda Litani -- Information Minister on Countering Iraqi Propaganda by Nabil Suwaydan -- Consolidation of Monetary Institutions Planned by Salah Sanadi -- New Weekly Newspaper Published in London -- Finance Minister Berrada Addresses Unemployment Problem by Mustafa Nassiri -- Editorial Exhorts Government To Address Unemployment -- Opinion Poll on War, Conscription, Regional Alliance by Khalid Nazir, Sa'id Haydar, Jawad Hasan -- Commentary Views Riots, Expresses Little Surprise by Matiur Rahaman -- Press Bias Against Chandra Shekhar Assailed by Pritish Nandy -- Doubts Expressed Regarding Intelligence Agencies by Balendu Dadhich -- Government Crises of 1979, 1990 Compared by K. K. Katyal -- Implications of Ayodhya for Dhaka Hindus Examined -- Bihar Muslim Leader Interviewed on Mosque Issue -- Results of Antiterrorist Operations in Punjab -- Scientists Develop System To Convert Natural Gas by N. Suresh -- Middle Atmosphere Radar Inaugurated, Explained -- Commentary Examines Unemployment Issue by Daya Krishna -- Cooking Oil Companies Work at Half Capacity -- Analysis Sees PPP in Supporting, Not Primary Role After Elections by Abdul Karim Abid -- Left Politician Minto Interviewed by Abid Minto -- Economist Omar Noman Interviewed by Omar Noman -- Domination of 'Establishment' by Ghayurul Islam -- Benazir's Accusations -- French Team Says IJI Won Through Rigging -- SAARC Observers' Comments -- Election Commissioner's Explanation.
- Document Date: 1/15/1991.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277136