JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource] : Iran
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages : tables
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-91-057
- U.S. Troop Departure From Northern Iraq Viewed -- Iraq Viewed as U.S. Test of 'World Domination' -- Paper Says U.S. in 'Quandary' Over Iraqi Regime -- Deportation of Iranians From Japan Continues -- Nigerian Moves Toward Israeli Ties Condemned -- Commentary Discusses Bakhtiar Assassination by J. Hamedi -- Paper on Need for New Order 'Practical Strategy' by 'Ali Mohebbi' -- Arabs Criticized for Accepting Talks With Israel -- Karrubi Meets Islamic Jihad Leader in Tehran -- Turkish Anti-Kurd Operation Condemned -- Strategic Research Meeting Held With Pakistan -- Velayati Accepts Invitation To Visit Algeria -- Memorandum on Visas Signed With USSR -- Train Service to Moscow Expanding -- Baku To Be Linked to Tehran by Airplane -- Daily on Need for Expanded Saudi Ties -- Minister Aqazadeh on Help for Kuwait -- Rafsanjani Speaks on War With Iraq, POWs -- Cabinet Meets, Discusses Soviet Events -- Nuri Addresses Seminar on Refugee Affairs -- Karrubi on Role of Press in Promoting Unity -- Karrubi Urges Unity, Solidarity -- Musavi-Tabrizi Expects Western Media 'Lies' -- Ahmad Khomeyni Notes Agreement Among Officials -- Paper Discusses Islamic Notions of Freedom -- IRI Becoming Dubayy's Largest Trading Partner -- Oil Minister on Note of Understanding With ROK -- Guinean Minister, Mahluji Sign Mining Protocol -- Nurbakhsh Returns From PRC Visit; Agreements Signed -- Commercial Trade With PRC Expanding -- Extent of Purchases From Germany Disclosed -- German Siemens To Baild Power Plant in Tehran -- IRI Buying Gas Turbines From UK -- Italy Assisting in Gas Exploration Project -- Economic Memorandum Signed With Pakistan -- NPC Awards Indian Company Training Project -- Goverment To Establish Export Promotion Bank -- Regime Attempting To Establish Single Rate of Exchange -- Central Bank Official on Rates, Debts, Other Issues by Mr. Asghar Kashani -- Allocation of $3 Billion for Importing Essential Goods -- Billions of Dollars of Spare Parts To Be Imported -- Minister Reports Shipping, Transport Activity -- IRSC To Expand Persian Gulf Shipping Network -- Funds Needed To Complete Petrochemical Complex -- New Metallurgy Plant Commissioned -- Tehran on Need To Expedite Reconstruction -- Pars Aluminum Company Increases Production -- Fisheries Revenue Tops $72 Million -- Hamadan Power Station Half Completed -- Hamadan Power Plant To Receive $600 Million -- Fire at Fabric Warehouse -- Workshop Burned -- Clothing Shops Damaged -- Italy Refuses Sale of Fighter Helicopters -- Czechoslovakia Refuses To Sell Tanks -- Poland Reportedly To Sell Tanks to Country -- Enforcement Deputies Named for Fars Province -- Taft, Gachsaran, Maragheh Commanders Designated -- New Law Enforcement Commanders Appointed -- Tabas Airport Becomes Operational -- Kish Airport, Ports Designated Exit Boundary -- Sociocultural Statistics Published -- Tehran Population Growth Reaches Critical Level -- Nationwide Census To Begin 11 Sep -- Results of Tribal Censes Announced -- Ten-Digit Codes To Replace Birth Certificate Numbers -- Broadcasting Complex Inaugurated in Semnan -- Waters of Law Dam Subsiding -- Takab, Sa'indezh Districts Become Townships -- Lack of Drinking Water Bring Unrest -- Government Week Marked With Special Services -- Habibi Cited on Summer, Winter Time Dates -- Blood Stocks Pronounced Disease-Free.
- Document Date: 9/6/1991.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277170