JPRS Report. Telecommunications [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages
- Telecommunications (1987-1993) ; JPRS-TTP-90-019
- African Radio, TV Union Conference Opens in Nairobi. Cooperation in Information Exchange -- Official Says URTNA To Exchange News by Satellite -- National Television Director Dismissed -- Telecommunications Seminar Opens in Maputo 28 Nov -- CNN Gets Backing of SABC, M-Net for News Channel by Douglas Gordon -- RENMIN RIBAO Notes Satellite Communications Growth -- Beijing Maritime Satellite Station Begins Work by reporter Liu Haijiang, correspondent Feng Xuejun -- Tianjin To Construct Television Tower -- Heilongjiang's Telecommunications Achievements Reported -- Japans KDD, DPRK Sign Satellite Communications Pact. Direct Circuit via Satellite -- Further on Communications Agreement -- Contract on Radio Transmitters Signed With UK -- New Yuri-3A Satellite To Start Broadcast Service 30 Nov -- Telecom Authority Signs Intelsat Lease Contract -- Ministry Says North May Be Allowed To Use Satellite -- Telekom Malaysia Launches Large-Scale Investment Program -- Mongolia Orders South Korean Equipment -- Development of Polish Telecommunications Reviewed by Ryszard Katanski -- Construction of Ground Station To Begin in Santa Cruz -- Satellite Communications Station Opens in Santiago -- New Television Channel Begins To Air -- Radio Caribbean International Begins Test Transmissions -- Regular Transmission Via Arabsat To Begin on 1 December -- Talks Held With Italians on Satellite Channels -- First Indigenous Expansive Communications System -- World's Largest Radio Telescope To Be Set Up -- Satellite Ground Station Commissioned Near Bandar Lengeh -- 1,000 Pirate TV Stations Reportedly Broadcast in Country -- Parameters Given for 'Gorizont' Satellite -- New TV Head Kravchenko Interviewed on Plans by Leonid Kravchenko -- Soviet TV To Be Replaced by Lithuanian TV -- RSFSR Minister Views Media Plans -- RSFSR Ministry To Run Space Communications System -- Reports of Soviet Jamming of External Broadcasts Invited -- Report on Volgograd Cable Television System by correspondent Ye. Orlov -- Cable TV Network Established in Bryansk by A. Batygin -- Northern Telecom To Sell Switching Nodes to SITA Network -- Plans for Fiber Optic Link to Vancouver Island Announced by David Smith -- Firm Would Link East Europe To Fiber Optic Net by Uffe Gardel -- Ministry Issues Telecommunications Survey -- Ariane Rocket Launched Successfully -- Encoded TV Channel for Computer Users Sought -- Alcatel Buys Out FIAT's Subsidiary Telettra by Philippe Guillaume, Blandine Hennion -- Deutsche Bundespost Telekom To Offer Satellite Transmission Services -- Hamburg Firm To Form Private Satellite Network -- Spokesman on Transmission of TV Station in Saxony -- ZDF TV To Cover New Laender -- Italian Company's HDTV Research Activities Reported -- Dutch PTT To Install Metropolitan Area Network -- Teli Firm Wins AXE Switching Contract -- Ericsson to Stress Research Effort, Internationalization by Jan Nylander -- Paper Comments on Agency Privatization Plan -- Suspension of Turksat Project Reported -- USSR, FRG Cooperate in Satellite Communications by TASS Correspondent Rena Kuznetsova -- USSR, PRC Sign Broadcasting Accord in Beijing -- China-USSR Telephone Line Opens.
- Document Date: 12/4/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277428