JPRS Report. Science & Technology. USSR--Science & Technology Policy [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages
- Science and technology. USSR: science and technology policy (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UST-91-010
- Koptyug Opposes Dissolution of USSR Academy of Sciences by Vice President of the USSR Academy of Sciences Academician Valentin Afanasyevich Koptyug -- Academician Moiseyev Defends All-Union Academy Structure by Academician Nikita Moiseyev -- Problems Facing USSR AS General Meeting Outlined by A. Pokrovskiy -- USSR AS Presidium Shifts Position Over Reorganization Issues by A. Pokrovskiy -- USSR AS General Meeting Ends in Uncertainty by Yu. Danilin, K. Smirnov -- Organizing Committee Membership by Academician Yu.S. Osipov -- Statute on Formation of Initial Staff -- Regional Organizing Committees Listed -- Draft Statute on USSR Academy of Sciences Department -- Technical Schools Unfunded for 1991/1992 School Year -- Private Organizations Subsidize Academy of Sciences Youth Groups -- Commission Formed To Study 'Commercialization' of USSR AS -- USSR AS Presidium Announces Organizational Changes -- Average Age of Science Institute Directors Declines -- Prerevolution Scientists Earnings Noted -- Moscow Physical Technical Institute Confronts Funding, Policy Changes by Nikolay Vasilyevich Karlov -- Expanded Role Seen for Moscow Aviation Institute by G. S. -- Atomic Energy Ministry Sells Industrial Secrets Package -- Ural Institute Develops Medical Diagnostics AI Package -- Scientists Association Hopes To Attract Foreign Capital by Galina Sidorova -- Soviet Scientists, Organizations Balk at International Patent Tariffs -- Computer Imports, Domestic Production Figures for 1900 Estimated -- Soviet Educational Centers To Receive Hewlett-Packard Computers -- Information Science Management Training Sponsored By IBM by Oleg Basalin -- Lithuanian High-Tech Firm Straggles With West Trade Practices by Vytas Maciulis -- Kazakh Academy of Sciences Establishes Information, Space Institutes -- Ukrainian Academy of Sciences Struggles With Independence Issues by Tamara Mayboroda -- Bashkir SSR Supreme Soviet Orders Formation of New Science Academy by SOVETSKAYA ROSSIYA correspondent M. Merzabekov -- Future of Estonian Science Discussed by Arno Koorna -- Organizational Meeting for RSFSR Academy's Ural Department Announced by POISK correspondent Lidiya Usacheva (Sverdlovsk) -- Marchuk Kudryavtsev Meet With Scientists Groups Over Coup Position by Aleksey Zakharov -- USSR AS Siberian Department To Require AIDS Testing by POISK correspondent Olga Kolesova (Novosibirsk) -- Advertisement for All-Union Computer Fair -- USSR Academy of Sciences Announces 4th Quarter Conference Schedule -- Seminar on Diamond Film Technology Meets at Lake Baykal -- Moscow Seminar Meets on 'Human--Computer Interaction' by Oleg Lvov -- Smirnov Review of Book 'Repressed Science' by Kim Smirnov.
- Document Date: 12/5/1991.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277501