JPRS Report. Arms Control [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 66 pages
- Arms control (1987- ) ; JPRS-TAC-90-002
- Deputy Minister Says Naval Expansion 'Unlikely' -- Defense Force May Disband Marine Corps -- Building Defense Reserves Urged -- Space Industry To Take 'Major Stride in 1990' -- PLA Developes Large Nuclear Test Device -- Military Industry Turns to Civilian Production by Zhu Daqiang -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman -- French Premier's Office -- Reaction to France-Taiwan Frigate Negotiations -- France's Warship Sale Decision -- Arms Production To Decline 45 Percent -- Japan's Defense Budget for FY 1990 Revealed. Defense Budget Below 1% of GNP -- Further on Defense Spending -- Government Approves National Defense Budget -- Japan Prepared To Increase Defense Burden Share -- Japan Rejects Naval Power Reductions by Mitsuru Mabuchi -- Mongolia, USSR Support Nuclear-Free Zone -- Daily Urges U.S. Change on Denuclearization -- South's Purchase of British Jets Denounced -- Creation of Nuclear-Free Peace Zone Urged -- Military Reorganization Plan Revealed. New Structure Explained by Han Ki-pong -- Impact, Prospects by Kim Hyong-pae -- Syria Cancels Deal with China by AP -- Soviet Scud Missiles Antiquated -- Defense Minister Expects North-South Arms Talks by Defense Minister Yi Sang-hun -- Defense Minister Discusses Arms Purchase -- Mainland Warns France -- France Refuses Comment -- Ministry Declines Comment on French Frigate Deal -- Official Says Satellite for 'Peaceful' Purposes -- France Rescinds Offer To Sell Frigates -- Modrow Meets With Warsaw Pact's Lushev -- Nemeth Says Ryzhkov Agrees on Troop Withdrawal -- CSSR Commentary on Soviet Troop Withdrawal by Milika Sundic -- Prague Soviet Troop Withdrawal Talks Open 15 Jan -- CSSR-USSR Troop Withdrawal Talks Adjourn -- Bulgarian Daily Denounces U.S. Action in Panama by Sibila Dimova -- Defense Minister on Army's Reorganization by Colonel General Miroslav Vacek -- Army, Peace Council View Alternative Service -- Foreign Ministry Issues Statement -- Human Rights Group Voices Concern -- Commentary Condemns Intervention by Josef Nyvlt -- Army Begins Disarming People's Militia -- Brno Military Airfield Gradually Phased Out -- Dobrovsky: Soviet Troop Withdrawal in 1990 -- Spokesman on Withdrawal of Soviet Troops -- Soviet Military Project Halted -- Rally Urges Troop Withdrawal -- Party Supports Stand on Troops -- Timetable Proposed for Soviet Troop Withdrawal -- Committee Endorses Draft Military Doctrine -- GDR Commentary Condemns U.S. Action in Panama by Marina Tkalec -- Panama Canal Treaty at Issue -- Further Commentary -- East Berlin BERLINER ZEITUNG Commentary by Bo Adam -- East Berlin TV Commentary -- Defense Minister on Need for Army by GDR Defense Minister Admiral Theodor Hoffmann -- Assembly Authorizes Soviet Withdrawal Stance -- NATO Delegation Arrives in Budapest -- Polish Navy Commander Interviewed on Military by Navy Commander Vice Admiral Piotr Kolodziejczyk -- 'Soviets Go Home' Slogans, Rallies Reported -- U.S. Action Condemned -- U.S. Invasion 'Unjustifiable' by Zymunt Slomkowski -- Anti-Soviet Demonstration Held in Legnica -- Warsaw Radio on Armed Forces Reductions -- Defense Minister on Strengths of Securitate, Army -- King Michael Urges Warsaw Pact Intervention -- Soviet Embassy Promises Military Help -- Anti-Ceausescu Forces Seek Soviet Help -- Slovene LC Congress Condemns U.S. in Panama -- SFRY Media Reacts to U.S. Invasion of Panama by Vlado Teslic -- Soviet Denies Guarantee to Israel on Syrian Arms -- 'Abd-al-Majid on Peace Process, Nuclear Arms -- Indian-Pakistani Nuclear Facility Pact Ready -- Pact To Not Attack Nuclear Facilities Delayed -- Max Kampelman on U.S.-Soviet Relations, Arms Control -- Commentary on U.S. Forces, Policies in Pacific Area by Colonel Yu. Petrov -- Soviet Anti-Nuclear Movement To Hold Congress on Eve of Summit by Olzhas Suleimenov -- Defense Doctrine, Balance of Forces Reviewed by French Ambassador Francois de Rose. and Franco-German Combat Helicopter Agreement by Jacques Isnard -- Eastern Events May Affect Defense Posture by Jacaues Isnard -- NATO's Woerner on Impact of E. Europe Events by NATO Secretary General Manfred Woerner -- Danish Navy Accepts First Flex 300 Modular Ship by Nils Eric Boesgaard -- FRG's Genscher Urges Security Cooperation Measures by Hans-Dietrich Genscher -- Background to FRG Troop Cuts Analyzed by Hans Schueler -- U.S. Chemical Weapons Removal Reported -- Head of NATO on Arms Reduction, German Unity -- 'Secret' Plans To Reduce Military Service -- CDU-CSU Favors New 'European Security Union' -- Government Dismisses Bundeswehr Reductions -- Stoltenburg Urges More Superpower Troop Cuts -- French Defense Minister Interviewed on European Defense by Defense Minister Jean-Pierre Chevenement -- Sale of Frigates Authorized -- PRC Opposes Sale -- Chevenement Dismisses GDR Troop-Cut Proposal -- Defense Minister Chevenment on Hades Missile -- Negotiations Stopped -- Frigate Sale Cancelled -- Defense Minister Comments on Disarmament -- First of 2 Italian Destroyers Nearing Completion by Maurizio Modugno -- Andreotti Proposes Sharp East-West Arms Cut -- Disarmament Seen to Increase Need for Satellite Surveillance by Kiell Dragnes -- Spanish Government Withdraws From NATO Frigate Program by M. Abizanda -- Columnist Considers Debate on Military Cuts by Professor Haluk Ulman -- Turkey to Get Only NF-5 Planes -- Joist Production of Military Aircraft With Spain -- Army Plans Buying French Mobile Army Radars.
- Document Date: 1/23/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277564