JPRS Report. East Asia. Southeast Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 58 pages
- East Asia. Southeast Asia (1987- ) ; JPRS-SEA-90-024
- Industry Minister Discusses Economic, Trade Matters With Bangladesh Delegation -- Agriculture Minister Explains Resettlement Programs -- Paper Reports on Hotel Construction Program -- Army Forcibly Relocates Thousands From Pagan -- Investments From Hong Kong Increasing -- President Comments on Stock Transfers, Farming -- Sutrisno Says Aceh Disturbance Strictly Criminal Act -- NU Offers Help With National Defense, Security -- Tin Industry To Be Restructured -- Military To Put More Forces In Aceh -- Interest Rates Increased To Avoid Inflation -- Improved Labor Policy Seen As Response to Outside Pressure -- New Investigations Set for Determining Communist 'Influence' -- IBT As Basis for Economic Development -- Industrialist Comments on Work Force, Container Industry -- Middle Managers Needed -- Savannakhet, Quangtri Mass Organization Visits by Phouvattana -- Japanese Voluntary Agency Aid in Bolikhamxai -- Joint Venture Exports to Japan -- PRC Cooperation in Mekong Transportation Study -- Civil Aviation Cooperation With PRC, U.S. Firms -- Factional Gains, Losses in MCA Election by Lin Jui-yuan -- Sabah Chinese Need for Political Base Explored by Chen Yingde -- Chinese Criticism of APU Party -- Chinese Community Defends Chinese Elementary Education by Hsu Yuan-lung -- Chinese Need for Fortitude To Meet Challenges of 1990's by Hsu He-huo -- Educational Guidelines Harmful to Chinese Community -- Ghafar Affirms Federal Control of Labuan -- Ghafar Baba Urges Civil Servants To Increase Productivity by Abdul Hamid Mohammad -- UMNO Vice President Says PAS, Spirit of '46 Kowtow to DAP -- Former PAS Members Establish UMNO Branch -- Labuan To Begin Operation As Financial Center on 1 October -- Article Assesses Trade Aspects of Chatchai's U.S. Trip -- MPs, Locals React -- Shiite Leader Linked to PULO -- Suchinda Declines To Blame Shiites -- Military Intelligence General Profiled by Kanjana Spindler -- Chatchai Advisor on Central Bank-Finance Ministry Disagreement -- Subin Plans Rice Sales at Loss to Government -- Paper Comments on Chatchai Administration Corruption -- Columnist Urges Appointment of Civilian Defense Minister by Ta Mo Lo -- Seminar Views Negative Impact of Drug Patent Law -- Lessons Learned From Events in Eastern Europe by Quang Thong -- Council of Minister's Report on Socioeconomic Situation by Phan Van Khai -- Article Discusses Democracy, Humanism, Socialist Democracy by Tuan Minh -- Some Thoughts on Role of Press Regarding Renovation Work by Nguyen Tri Dung -- Grave Robbers Sentenced in fraudulent Remains Claims Case -- Militia, Self-Defense Forces in MR7 Help To Defend Borders by Bui Van Bong -- Best Engineer Unit in 1989 Obtains Good Training Results by Duy Thuy -- Difficulties in Feeding, Paying Troops by Major General Dang Huyen Phuong -- Navy Suggests Measures To Deal With Disciplinary Problems by To Hai Nam -- Infantry Group Resolves Friction, Quarrels With Local People by Hong Thu Ngoc -- Quang Binh Border Forces Step Up Security Measures by Nguyen Thai Thien -- Quyet Thang Corps Badly Needs To Staff Shops, Stations by Tran Ho Bac -- Joint Meeting Explores Cooperation Potential by Khac Binh -- Domestic Goods Face Stiff Competition From Illegal Imports by Kieu Oanh-Minh Ngoc -- Smuggling Continues Despite Severe Penalties by Bui Toan -- Urgent Need To Improve Socioeconomic Situation.
- Document Date: 9/5/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277600