JPRS Report. China [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 119 pages : tables
- China (1987-1994 ) ; JPRS-CAR-90-071
- U.S.-Iraq Military Confrontation Viewed by He Dalong -- Article Warns Against Use of Chemical Weapons by Luo Qingcong -- Principles for Cambodian Settlement Discussed -- U.S. Responsibility-Sharing Plan in Gulf Viewed by Zhang Yunwen -- Jimmy Carter Criticizes U.S. Dual Positions -- Soviets Deny Giving Military Aid to U.S. in Gulf -- Gorbachev Stresses Need for Social Stability -- Article Views Soviet Role in Gulf Crisis by Shih Chun Yu -- USSR Demonstration Decree Ruled Unconstitutional -- Japan Split on Transport of Military Supplies to Gulf -- DPRK Seminar Demands Change in U.S. Policy -- Pakistan Confident of Peace Progress With India -- Iraq Chemical Weapons Use Seen Likely in Defense by Lang Zongheng -- Psychological Factors of Reluctance To Criticize by Li Chengshu, Teng Chunlang -- Assessment of Recent High-Level Cadre Reassignments by Lin Wei -- News Tidbits From Mainland Publications by Wang Hsj-yu -- Industrial Structure, Efficiency Examined by Ma Zhuanjing -- Improving Management of Guidance Plans -- Beijing Improves Telecommunications Capacity -- Materials Minister Inspects Anhui Province -- Eurasian Continental Bridge To Benefit Gansu -- Heilongjiang Sets Up Independent Power Company -- Industrial Output Value Drops in Heilongjiang -- Jiangsu's Nantong City Plans New Airport -- Liaoning Continues To Absorb Foreign Funds -- Proposals To Solve Shanghai's Economic Problems by Shi Huiqun, Zhu Zhanliang, Zhu Linchu, Cen Zhigen, Zhang Chengjun, Lu Daosheng -- Shanghai Industrial Output Rises in August -- Policies Proposed for Sichuan Firms in Shenzhen -- Survey of Tax Collection by Li Zongling, Liang Li, Lan Xiaomai -- Journal on Reform of Pension System by Qie Jianwei -- Industrial Technology Policy Examined by Deng Shoupeng, Bao Ke -- Light Industry Export Quality To Improve by staff reporter Qu Yingpu -- Total Output of Primary Energy in August -- Shandong Develops Power Industry -- August Output of Raw Materials Reported -- Coal Production Dips; Electricity Output Up by staff reporter Huang Xiang -- Chemical Production Drops; Exports Rise by staff reporter Xie Songxin -- Major Capital Construction Projects Proceeding Well -- Construction Industry Prospects Outlined by Xiao Tong -- Market Changes in Shanghai -- Import-Export Licensing Procedures Discussed by Yang Yuntian -- Greater Use of Market Forces in Foreign Trade Urged by Zhou Xiaochuan -- Fujian's Semiannual Foreign Trade Performance by Wu Guinan, Liu Zhicheng -- Fujian Plans Strategies for Further 'Opening Up' by staff reporter -- Shandong's Semiannual Foreign Trade Performance by reporters Mao Yongxiong, Di Wutong -- Guangdong Issues Investment Regulations for Foreigners -- Policy Recommendations for GATT Services Trade Negotiations -- Sino-Indonesian Trade Expanding Rapidly -- Tax Revenue From Foreign Firms Rises in Shanghai -- Fujian Approves Foreign-Funded Land Deals -- Fujian Builds Industrial Zones for Export Enterprises -- Shanghai Announces First Free Trade Zone in Pudong -- Pudong Plans 110,000 Telephone Lines by 1995 -- Investment Increases in Transportation Sector -- Pudong Developers Can Learn From Singapore by Wang Zhan, Bo Deshan -- Small Nitrogenous Fertilizer Sales Plummet by He Jinfu -- 'Official Irresponsibility' Blamed for Disorder by Zhu Zhengxin -- Characteristics of Larceny Described by Jin Yan -- Activities of Robbers on Chang Jiang by Deng Jianqiao -- Party Schools Emphasized by Jiangxi CPC Secretary by Mao Zhiyong -- Jiangxi Affirms Party Leadership Over Literature, Art by Zhang Yi -- Jiangxi Party Secretary Stresses United Front Work by Mao Zhiyong -- Commentator Urges Individual Sense of Openness by staff commentator -- Article Attacks Peaceful Evolution by Jin Zhenhua -- Zhejiang People's Congress Committee Hears Reports. and Shenzhen Clamps Down on Press Offices by Hsiao Chien -- Altay Prefecture Teaches Nationalities Theory by reporter Zhang Jiayin -- Urumqi Hosts Counterrevolutionary Rebellion Exhibit by reporter He Ruilan -- Xinjiang Instability Laid to Poor Religious Control by Pei Yingming -- Politburo Member Yang Rudai Visits Xinjiang by Wu Fengli -- Biodata on Newly Elected Vice President by Huang Ch'ing-lung -- Interview With President of Legislative Yuan by Liang Su-jung -- Poll Reflects Increased Confidence in Future -- Sociological Classification of Hong Kong Residents.
- Document Date: 9/21/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277782