JPRS Report. Arms Control [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 65 pages : tables
- Arms control (1987- ) ; JPRS-TAC-90-031
- U.S.-Soviet Conventional Aims Accord Viewed by Washington-based staff reporter Zhu Cuocai -- Government Said To Plan CW Use Against Insurgents -- Article Urges Disarmament on Korean Peninsula -- New Prime Minister To Continue Antinuclear Policies. Stresses Ties With U.S., France by Jack Taylor -- Hopes To 'Work Something Out' -- New Prime Minister Hopes for Improved U.S. Ties -- Nuclear-Ship-Calls Ban 'Permanent' -- Disagreement on Arms Quotas Denied by Foreign Minister Geza Jeszenszky -- Fourth Round of Pact Arms Talks Set for 26 Oct -- Talks Open -- Tank Ceilings Agreed -- Pact Conventional Arms Talks Begin in Prague -- General Lobov Eyes Reduction of Pact Forces -- Chemical Warfare Troops To Continue Functioning by Officer Tsvetkov -- CSFR Delegation Head on CFE Stumbling Blocks by Dr. Ladislav Balcar -- CSFR's Pirek Addresses UN Arms Policy Committee by CTK correspondent -- Last Soviet Helicopters Leave 22 Oct -- Havel Sends Message to Conventional Weapons Talks -- CSFR General Outlines Armament Reductions -- Hungarian Delegate to Vienna Talks on Warsaw Pact by Istvan Gyarmati -- Army Leader Says No Nuclear Warheads in Country -- Spanish Military Sources Confirm Chilean FAE Test -- 'Spanish Job' by Felix Garcia Perez -- Embargo Violations by Vicenc Fisas Armengol -- Peruvian Government Concerned About Chilean FAE Bomb -- Indian Chemical WeaponsCapability Examined by R. Prasannan -- France's 'Minimum Deterrence' Nuclear Strategy by Vladimir Andreyevich Manzhola -- France Plans To Revise Nuclear Stockpiles by IZVESTIYA correspondent Yu. Kovalenko -- 'Positive Results' Seen From Cheney Visit to Moscow by Major M. Zheglov -- France Debates Future of Nuclear Triad by Vladimir Bolshakov -- Zholkver on 'Beneficial Conditions' for Disarmament by political analyst Aleksandr Zholkver -- 7 Nov Red Square Parade To Feature SS-25's by correspondent Major A. Dolinin -- Zorin Questions Current Viability of SDI Program by Valentin Zorin -- Effect of Cut in U.S. SDI Program Noted by TASS correspondent P. Vanichkin -- Reporter's 'Conjectures' on SS-23's Dismissed -- Chervov on Assymetric Number of INF Inspections -- Norwegian CDE Inspectors Visit Kola by I. Losev -- Shevardnadze Interviewed on Vienna Talks by Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze -- Last Soviet Helicopter Regiment Leaves CSFR by correspondent A. Samylin -- Officer Remarks on Troop Withdrawal From CSFR by Colonel Vasiliy Danko -- Spokesman Backs French on Paris CSCE Summit by TASS diplomatic correspondents Aleksandr Kanishchev, Sergey Postanogov -- Ladygin Interviewed on Conventional Arms by Lieutenant General F. Ladygin -- Moiseyev on Upcoming NATO Meeting, Soviet Force Cuts by TASS diplomatic correspondent Oleg Moskovskiy -- Progress at Vienna CFE Talks Viewed by Candidate of Technical Sciences Colonel V. Chernyshev -- New EC Alliance Plans Termed 'Ill-Timed' by TASS political observer Albert Balebanov -- Talks on Troop Withdrawals From CSFR Continue by correspondent V. Beletskiy, CSFR National Assembly Deputy M. Kocab -- Unilateral Nuclear Test Moratorium Urged by Oizhas Suleymenov -- Case for Nuclear Test Resumption Argued by Professor V. Mikhaylov -- Nuclear Test Conducted at Novava Zemlya -- Norwegian Cited on Novya Zemlya Radiation Level by KOMSOMOLSKAYA PRAVDA correspondent A. Baranov -- SPC Expresses 'Concern' on Novaya Zemlya Test -- State Environmental Committee Protests Nuclear Test by Nikolay Nikolayevich Vorontsov -- Sovereignty Declaration Adopted -- Semipalatinsk Testing Banned -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman on Novaya Zemlya Test by TASS correspondents Mikhail Ivanov, Leonid Timofeyev -- No Increase in Radiation Detected at Novaya Zemlya -- TASS on Swedish Protest Over Novaya Zemlya Test -- Deputies Discuss Novaya Zemlya Nuclear Test by TASS parliamentary correspondents Ivan Ivanov, Vladimir Isachenkov, Andrey Orlov.
Arkhangelsk 'Top Leaders' Not Informed -- Deputies Plan Protests -- Reassurances Given on Test Safety -- Nordic Envoys Hear Reasons for Novaya Zemlya Test -- Presidential Spokesman Defends Novaya Zemlya Test by TASS correspondent Andrey Orlov -- USSR Supreme Soviet Complains on Novaya Zemlya Test by TASS correspondents Ivan Ivanov, Vladimir Bachenkov, Andrey Orlov -- Arkhangelsk Leadership Protests Nuclear Tests by TASS correspondent Vladimir Anufriyev -- RSFSR Government Deplores Novaya Zemlya Test -- Karpov Explains Proposal for Nuclear-Free Baltic by TASS diplomatic correspondent Leonid Timofeyev -- Nordic States Protest Novaya Zemlya Nuclear Test. Issue Joint Statement -- Soviet Minister Supports Protest -- STAR Calls for Debate on NORAD Agreement Substance -- Government 'Concerned' Over Novaya Zemlya Nuclear Test by correspondent Jaana Kanninen -- Neutral Role in European Disarmament Talks Urged -- Bavarian Firm Said To Sell FAE, Missile Technology to Iraq -- GDR Chemical Weapons Aid to Iraq Detailed -- Bundeswehr Forum Demands Disarmament Steps -- USSR Allows Survey Buoys Off Novaya Zemlya by Kare M. Hansen -- Leaders Protest Novaya Zemlya Nuclear Test.
- Document Date: 11/14/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277827