JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 76 pages : tables
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-90-034
- Arab Trade Embargo Aginst U.S. Encouraged by Dr. Midhat Khafaji -- Political Prospects of Berber Groups Analyzed by Salem Chaker -- PLO Official Describes Work of 'Jerusalem Committee' by Muhammad Milhim -- Businessmen See Benefits in Selling Public Companies by Sami Sabri -- Wage, Production Gap by Majid 'Atiyah -- Poor, Middle Class Frustration by Najwan 'Abd-al-Latif -- Deteriorating Relations With U.S. Examined by Dov Goldstein -- Rabin, Peres Psychological Profiles Described by Sima Qadmon -- Electoral Change Described as 'Insufficient' by G. Yatsiv -- Chances 'Poor' for Arab Political Unity by Q. Zayid -- Israeli Arabs Struggle With Identity by Amos Gilbo'a -- Demand To Reconsider Arrow Project by Re'uven Podhatzor -- IDF To Increase Procurement Abroad -- IDF Yearly Work Plan Presented by D. Sade -- Record Pollution Levels in Haifa by E. El'ad -- Economists Want Small Business Encouraged by M. Ben-Alay', D. Jennar-Klausner -- Integration of Soviets Into Labor Force Discussed by Uri Genosar -- Professors Discuss Mideast Objectives by Y. Greenblatt -- Writer Disputes Israeli Media Criticism by Othman Hallaq -- Professor Discusses Causes, Solutions to Deficit Problem -- Labor Minister Receives CCI Delegation -- Potential for Increased Trade With Romania by Najat Benyahia -- Abbadi Receives Labor Union Representatives -- Concern Over Diplomats' Security in Sindh by M.S. Raj -- Attacks on Relief Agencies Spark Concern by Rahimuilah Yusufzai -- Gilani Meets Nawaz -- Shariat Bill: Comments by Hina Gilani, Zafar Malik -- Credibility of 'Third Force' Discussed by M.B. Naqvi -- Budget Deficit 'Most Serious' Economic Problem by Aftab Ahmed Khan -- COP Urges President to Suspend Sindh Government -- MQM-PPP Peace Efforts Hampered by Police Harassment of Mohajirs -- MQM Reportedly Losing Ground in Sindh by Husain Naqi -- Jamaat-i-Islami Criticized for 'War Cries' -- Appeal Cites Kashmir as 'Bridge To Peace' -- Azad Kashmir Polls: Commentary and Interviews -- High Cost of 'Debt Servicing' Analyzed by Sultan Ahmed -- Article Claims People Want Tax Reforms by Ghayurul Islam -- Reforms in Land Rent Collection Recommended in Sindh by Izharul Hasan Burney -- Article Urges Implementation of Agrarian Reforms by Mushtaq-Ahmed -- Price Increases, Aid Conditionality Criticized -- Economic Commentary Suggests Precautionary Measures for Future by Ikram Sehgal -- Article Recommends Debate on Defence Budget in National Assembly by N.H. Jafarey -- Commentary on Kashmir: Learn From the Past by Muzaffar Ali Syed -- Commentary Views Corruption, Accusations -- Commentary Discusses Balochistan Politics by Tahir Mirza -- Editorial: 'Week of Violence' -- Editorial Urges Center-Punjab Cooperation.
- Document Date: 6/22/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277951