JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Economic Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 123 pages : tables
- Soviet Union. Economic affairs (1987-1992) ; JPRS-UEA-89-036
- 'Business Club' Evaluates Implementation of Leasing -- Ideas of Economist Nemchinov Re-Examined -- Tax Breaks, New Laws Needed to Support Commercial Banks by G. Letunov, V. Fedinin -- Gosbank Chairman on Bank's Role, Responsibilities by [Illegible] Gerashehenko -- Republic Revenues, Budget Structure Analyzed by V. Panskov -- UkSSR Council of Ministers Chairman on Economy, Ecology by V. A. Masol -- Savisaar Press Conference Focuses on IME Implementation by E. Savisaar -- More Local Authority Needed by G. Alpatov -- Advantages of Sectoral System Cited by V. Filanovskiy -- Sectoral, Local Control Advocated by I. Lavrovskiy -- ESSR Council of Ministers Debates Bills on Prices, Entrepreneurship by L. Sher -- Checks Will Not Stabilize Currency, Latvian Economist Says by A. Bergs-Bergmanis -- Ligachev Attended Central Asian Agricultural Conference Reported by L. Kalashnikov, N. Osychkin -- Conversion of Missile Base to Agricultural Use by PRAVDA correspondent V. Vorobyev -- Editorial Describes Ways to Boost Meat Production -- Growth in Grain Yields and Production in USSR Compared with Other Countries by A.G. Belozertsev, V.P. Goryachkin -- Hard Currency Store Opens in Vilnius -- Suvorov on DOSAAF Economic Operations, Consumer Goods Output by Major General Vasiliy Vasilyevich Suvorov -- Conversion: Lvov Association Increases Consumer Output -- 'Molniya' Plant Producing Dairy Industry Equipment -- Conversion of Space Program Shops to Civilian Production by A. Filippov -- Conversion: Diversification at Transbaykal Tank Repair Plant -- Baku Factory Building Converting to Medica Production -- Conversion: Cruise Missile Plant Producing Chocolate by unnamed TASS correspondent -- Conversion: Buran Shuttle Project by D. Pipko -- Minister Shehadov on Coal Industry Performance by M. I. Sheiadov -- Deputy Gas Minister on Sector's Development, Prospects by V.V. Sheremet -- Reader Concern over Nuclear Waste Dump Answered by V. Vedmederya -- Scientists See No Alternative to Nuclear Power by Doctor of Engineering Sciences T. Kh. Margulova, Candidate of Engineering Sciences I. S. Nikitina -- Scientists Deplore Electric Power Waste by Valentin Semenovich Sheplev -- New Equipment Reduces Pollutants from Thermoelectric Plants by I. Monakhovu -- Association to Study Nontraditional Energy Sources Created by V. Burenkov -- Books on Nuclear Power for Layman To Be Published by German Malkin -- AUCCTU Deputy Chairman Discusses 25 Sep Presidium Session by Deputy Chairman of the All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions I.Ye. Klochkov -- Improving Technical Skills of Older Workers by V.Y. Neugodov -- Positive Aspects of Automation, Robotization Cutbacks Assessed by E. Nagimatov -- Problems of Metal-Intensiveness in Machine Building Discussed by G. Stroganov -- USSR-Bulgaria Scientific-Production Association Profiled -- Soviet Welding Technolgy, Equipment Exhibited in FRG -- Roundtable Discusses Aircraft Industry by M. Korolev -- 11-114 Airliner Production Problems, Delays Cited by General Designer G. [Illegible], N. Behkov -- Inefficiencies of Air Traffic Control System Detailed by O. Karmaza -- 2DP Airship Production Planned by V. Belikov -- 11-96-300 Begins Series Production at Voronezh Plant -- Bureaucratic Obstacles to Cryogenic Aviation Scored by Academician N. D. Kuznetsov -- 1988 Motor Vehicle Production Highlighted -- 1988 Road Accident Statistics Reported by F. Ilyukhin -- Highway Growth, Problems Described by N. I. Golovanov -- Rail Commission Created to Handle Workers Demands by Deputy Minister of Railways I. Pingarev -- Berkakit-Yakutsk Rail Line Status Updated by N. Grom -- USSR-PRC Border Rail Station Upgraded by IZVESTIVA staff correspondent E. Matskevich -- Subway Expenses, Future Examined. and Possible USSR Integration into European High-Speed Rail Line Pondered by Ye.A. Sotnikov -- Railcar Shortage Hits Kev Metallurgical Combine by SOTSIALISTICHESKAYA INDUSTRIYA staff correspondent I. Mordvintsev -- Railroad Lottery Resumes in 1990 by V. Pryadko -- U.S., USSR Railroads Compared -- August Rail Traffic Safety Reviewed -- Shipbuilding Statistics for 1983-1989 by N.I. Alekseyev -- River Transport Management Issues Examined by S. Pyanykh, M. Amusin.
- Report Numbers:
- PREX 7.13:
- Document Date: 11/2/1989.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21277964