JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 72 pages : tables
- Soviet Official on Diaspora Ties by Karlen Dallakyan -- Elements of Arab Economic Integration Discussed by Salah 'Abd-al-Rahim al-Amin -- OAPEC Report Provides Oil Reserve Statistics -- Gulf Investment Organization Reviewed -- GCC States Attempt to Implement Unified Customs Tariffs -- Khartoum-Riyadh Relations Reportedly Unaffected After Al-Mahdi Remark -- World Islamic Organization Gives $180,000 to West Bank, Gaza -- Bahrain Summit Calls for GCC Economic Integration by Osamah Mahran -- 38 New Industrial Projects Planned -- Government Begins Distribution of Higher-Priced Bread -- Government Attempts To Solve Bottlenecks in Commodity Sector by Izzat Sami -- SLP Splits Over Islamic Trend Controversy by Zakariya Abu-Haram -- Scholars Discuss State of Freedom of Press -- Writer Blames Gulf, U.S. Institutions for Bank Woes by Mahfuz 'Azzam -- Article Questions Lack of Support for Sudanese Shari'ah -- Journalist Defends Libyan Motives for Making Chemical Weapons -- Director of Information on CBW Issues by Salah Mukhtar -- Petrochemical Complex Under Construction -- Reconstruction Efforts, Industrial Investment Company Described -- Economic Difficulties on West Bank Described -- Druze Angered Over Accusatory Letter -- Watches Set According To 'Palestine Time' Reportedly Smashed by Yehuda Litani, Joel Greenberg -- Oil Cooperation Agreement Expected To Be Signed With USSR by Khalid Ahmad -- Kuwait-Iraq Trade Agreement Signed -- Kuwaiti Defense Minister's Visit Reported by al-Shaykh Nawaf al-Ahmad -- Arms Importing Countries Listed -- Substantial Increase in Industrial Production Discussed by Engineer Ahmad 'Abd-al-Rahman al-Mani -- Petroleum Products: Production, Export Discussed by Sadiq al-Zayn -- Article Questions U.S. Involvement in South by Tariq Hasan -- Sarah Al-Mahdi Denies Allegations of Corruption -- Makki Madani Criticizes Al-Mahdi, Discusses Current Issues by Dr Amin Makki Madani -- Former Economic Minister Discusses Current Economic Situation by Dr 'Umar Nur-al-Da'im -- Ministry Gives Crop Estimates for Harvest by Faysal Mahmud Ibrahim -- Kordofan Governor Defends Appointment, Political Position by Abd-al-Rasul al-Nur -- Columnist Comments on Nature of Sudan Egypt Charter by Abu-Mazin -- Al-Turabi Press Conference Highlighted -- Editors Comment on New Government, Press Freedom by newspaper editors Amin Hasan 'Umar (AFAQ), Muhammad al-Hasan Ahmad (AL-ADWA'), Ibrahim 'Abd-al-Qayyum (AL-ITTIHADI), Muhammad Idris (SAWT AL-UMMAH) -- Prime Minister Speaks on Government Attitude Toward Islam -- Interview With Foreign Minister Al-Dali by Foreign Minister 'Abd-al-'Aziz al-Dali -- Interview with President Al-'Attas by President Haydar Abu-Bakr al-'Attas -- Governmental Agricultural Extension Efforts Assessed by Salah 'Abdallah Hamzah -- Mujahidin Leaders Discuss Postwar Government -- 'Arafat Press Conference -- AIADMK Leader Denies Resigning Post -- Proposed Referendum on Eighth Amendment Denounced -- PPP, IJI Confrontation Seen Creating Fourth Martial Law by Bashir Sarfi -- Punjab's Offer To Settle Biharis Praised by Nayyar Alvi.
- Report Numbers:
- PREX 7.20:
- Document Date: 5/15/1989.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278435