JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 69 pages
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-89-044
- Trade Among GCC States Outlined -- Magazine Names Alleged Libyan Intelligence Officers in Sudan -- Charter, Election Issues Discussed by Ahmad 'Abd-al-Haqq -- Charter, Right of Return Discussed by Hasan al-Batal -- Abu-Al-'Abbas Describes Need for Armed Struggle by PLF Secretary General Muhammad 'Abbas, alias Abu-al-'Abbas -- Strike Forces, Collaborators, Intifadah Discussed by Mazin Bakr -- Farmers Facing Financial Ruin in West Bank by 'Izzat Daraghimah -- Editorial Claims Real Settlement With U.S., Not Israel by Ahmad 'Abd-al-Rahman -- High Cost of Food Protested by Fatiha Akeb -- Trade Minister on Speculation by Minister of Commerce Mourad Medelci -- Government Investment in Industry Discussed by S. V. Venkatraman -- Island Warned of Water Crisis -- Petrochemical Expansion Project Completed -- Soviet Arab 'Political Heathenism' by Fahmi al-Shinawi -- MB Advice to Gorbachev by Muhammad Hamid Abu-al-Nasr -- Trade Federation Head on Egyptian-Libyan Agreements -- Faculty Conference Calls for 'Civil Insurrection' by 'Abd al-Rahman Abu al-'Aynayn -- Youth, Religious Role -- Government -- Public Sector Tests Employee Stock Ownership Plans -- Article Criticizes U.S. Treatment of Libya, Al-Qadhdhafi -- IDF Chief Discusses Security Issues, Training Methods by Chief of Staff Dan Shomron -- Ties Between Palestinian Prisoners and External Leaders Assessed by Nathan Ro'y -- SHAS Party Mentor's Attack on Lubavitch Rebbe Described by David Golan -- Stock Exchange Reopened -- Renewed Economic Cooperation With Libya by Djib Diedhiou -- Industrial Standardization Discussed by 'Abd Allah Hassan -- France Offers Telecommunications Cooperation by Javid Hassan -- Cultural Agreement To Be Signed With China by Muhammad 'Uthman -- Statistics Show Increase in Abu Dhabi Trade -- Nation Said Moving Toward Self-Reliance -- Khorasan Company To Trade With USSR -- Financial Agreement Signed With Romania -- Foreign Exchange Budget of Government Offices Approved -- PPP Seen To Have Tough Times Ahead by Khalid Akhtar -- Government Criticized for Inaction -- MQM Leader Interviewed on Party, Ethnic Strife -- Causes of Violence in Sindh Examined by Abbas Rashid -- Commentary Urges Bhutto to 'Start Governing with Wisdom' by A.G. Riza -- Commentary Sees Urgency for Population Control.
- Document Date: 6/30/1989.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278453