JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Political Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 55 pages
- Soviet Union. Political affairs (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UPA-89-004
- IZVESTIYA Charges Kazakh Official Misinformed Public by V. Mirolevich -- TuSSR's Khodzhamuradov on Far-Reaching Effects of 'Shadow Economy' by TuSSR Council of Ministers Chairman Annamurad Khodzhamuradovich Khodzhamuradov -- ArSSR: Raykom Monthly Newspaper Meant to Enter Worker-Party Dialogue by V. Vlasenko -- ArSSR: Cooperative Provides Cable TV, Sees Expanded Service by S. Babadzhanyan -- Armenian Legal Claims Questioned by A. Kocharov -- Azerbaijani Claim Called 'Lie' by Kh. A. Barsegyan -- Rescinded 1946 Journal Decree Discussed by G. I. Barinova, L. E. Varustin -- Lenin's Ideas on Komsomol Discussed by A.P. Zinovyev -- Use of Child Labor for Turkmen Cotton Harvest Deplored by M. Volkov -- Georgian Press Blames Prominent Dissidents for Recent Demonstrations by Zaur Gvazava -- Registration of Association, Club Statutes Now Mandatory by L.L. Bartkevich -- Supreme Soviet Secretary on Tasks of Constitution Working Group by Lithuanian SSR Supreme Soviet secretary I. Guretskas -- LiSSR Supreme Soviet Examines Proposals -- LiSSR Academy of Sciences Discusses Proposals by Yu. Pozhela, E. Vilkas -- Dissidents Abuse Glasnost -- Lawbreakers Lambasted, Fined -- Lagging Azerbaijani Development Linked to Shadow Economy, 'Mafia' Clans by Professor Korkhmaz Dzhangirovich Imanov -- AzSSR Education Minister on Importance of Bilingual Education by A. Useynov -- Education Official on State of Language Study in UkSSR Capital by Volodymyr Tatarenko -- Article Turns Workers Against Intelligentsia by Ernest Yalugin -- Republic Press Deplored by Konstantin Tarasov -- Press Viewed as Reactionary by Nil Gilevich -- Follow-Up on Uzbek SSR Suppression of Cotton Defoliant Morbidity Research by Aleksandr Minkin -- Soviet Scientific Figures Protest Volga-Chogray Canal Project -- Writers Exhort Siberian, Far Eastern Workers To Protect Environment -- Officials on Sakhalin Oblast Environmental Protection Issues by L. Aleynik -- UkSSR: Danube-Dnieper Canal Project Halted; Water Needs Noted by S. Tsikora -- Special Procurator's Office To Monitor Aral Environmental Issues.
- Document Date: 1/12/1989.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278627