JPRS Report. East Asia. Southeast Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 58 pages : tables
- East Asia. Southeast Asia (1987- ) ; JPRS-SEA-88-007
- Opposition Leader Rejects 'Reaganomics' by Glenn Milne -- Officials React to Libyan Funding of Local Muslims by Peter White -- Analyst Argues for Independent Pacific Policy by Malcolm Booker -- GMC, Toyota To Merge Australian Firms in $1.5 Billion Deal by Lim Say Boon -- Weekly Views Difficulty in Penetrating Japanese Market by Ian McArthur -- Halfpenny, Left Win Trades Hall Council Control by Greg Sheridan -- 'Internal Party Analysis' Foresees Democrats Balance 'Until 1993' by Paul Austin -- Fiji's Prime Minister Appeals for Unity -- Parliament Speaker Skeptical About Government Worker Pay Raise -- Resolutions of Muhammadiyah Annual Conference Announced -- Legal Aid Institute-Sponsored Seminar Discusses Human Rights -- Legal Aid Foundation Hits Human Rights Abuse -- Banker Predicts Unchanged Economic Situation in 1988 -- 1986/87 Oil Export Figures -- Nonoil Exports Expected To Exceed Target -- Andalas Cement Plant Switches to Coal -- Soccer Lottery Extended, Modified -- Soviet Correspondent Reports Vietnamese Withdrawal From Country by Lt Col V. Nikanorov -- Hun Sen Comments on Relations With SRV by Elizabeth Zingg -- Culture Minister Asks Western Help in Temple Restoration -- 'Talk' Assails UN Cambodia Vote by Leut Saisana -- Hospital Rooms Dedicated -- Reservoir Completed -- Official Sees Trade, Cooperation With SRV Province as Insufficient -- Factory Dependence on SRV, World Market Exports Noted -- SRV, Mountain Development Cooperation in Bolikhamsai, Khammouane -- CSSR Trade Protocol -- Phoun Sipaseut Meets Vatican Envoy -- Major General Khampha Cites Thai Border Issues in Saysboury -- Champassak-Ho Chi Minh City Friendship Shop -- Champassak District Security Improves by K. Khounnousai -- General Nakhon Attends Mountain Unit Conference -- Vientiane Military Recruitment -- Division's Supply System Described -- Route 13 Under Repair -- Savannakhet District Trade Reported by Voladel -- Party Daily Urges Vegetable Growing for Free Market -- Construction Ministry Units Get Business Autonomy -- Savannakhet Bank Deposits -- Xiengkhouang District Trade Volume -- Malaysia-Canada Military Cooperation -- Areas of Cooperation With Finland Identified by Loh Sook Wan -- Steady Increase in Foreign Investments by Hardev Kaur -- Plans To Use Country as 'Gateway' for Indian Exports -- Mahathir To Inaugurate Islam Awareness Program -- Islam Not Against Nationalism, Says PM's Office -- Curbing Deviant Islamic Groups Urged -- Islamic Workshop Held -- Press, Police Acts Amendments Passed -- Government's Liberal Policy Abused, Says Home Minister -- MCA President on Freedom of Press -- Objective Reporting Urged by Information Minister -- SDP Members Joining UMNO -- Information Ministry Notes Rise in Unemployed Graduates -- Communist Terrorists Allowed To Return to Society -- Communist Party of Malaysia Seeking Support -- Muslim Savings Associations Branches Opening Expected -- Defense Minister Calls for Closer Cooperation With Indonesia -- Military Posts To Be Upgraded -- New Air Force Squadron Formed -- Army 'Views With Concern' Soldiers Absent Without Leave -- Shortage of Officers in Armed Forces -- Trade Ministry Responsible for All Licenses -- Electronics Industry Technology Transfer Minimal -- Tax Reform Undertaken To Revive Economy by Sharif Haron -- Editorial on Corporate Tax System -- Palm Oil Production Expected To Double by Year 2000 -- Farmers Call for Abolition of Import Protection -- New Defense Pact Signed With Australia by Angwi Hriehwazi -- Government Criticized for Education, Media Policies -- New Zealand, Spain Shadow Over Bases Debate by Cameron Forbes -- ICRC Delegate: 'Human Righto Can Be Violated Only by State' by Sweden's Pierre Delacoste -- Australian Bids for 'Substantial' Stake in Atlas Mines by Eric Ellis -- Ramos Rejects, Retracts AFP Allegations Against Protestant Church. and Masbate Military Operations Cause Deaths, Evacuations -- NPA/NDF Christmas, Anniversary Celebrations Described by Oscar N. Bajamonde -- Study Hits Inequity, Abuse in Growing Child Labor Practice by Perla Aragon Choudhury -- Storm Resurrects Bicolano Complaints of Official Neglect by Lourdes Molina-Fernandez -- China Reneges on Tin Export Pledge by Boonsong Kositchotethana -- Students in Philippines, NPA Threat Discussed by Mayuree Rattanawannatip -- Deputy Finance Minister Wants Baht Neutralization -- Studies Stock Market Crash -- Comments on Growth Rate -- Predicts Growth in 1988 by Vajara C. Santikul -- Government Bond Sales Reported.
- Report Numbers:
- PREX 7.16/4:
- Document Date: 2/12/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278736