JPRS Report. Latin America [electronic resource] : Peru--Threats to Democracy
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages
- Latin America (1987- ) ; JPRS-LAM-88-034
- Alan Garcia on Democracy by President Alan Garcia Perez -- Poll Reveals Attitudes Towards Government, Democracy -- Eight Years of Democracy Assessed by Luis Pasara -- Government Objectives Defined by Raul Salazar Olivares -- Farm Sector Promotion Advocated by Ramon Remolina -- Political Elements in Economic Problems Cited by Guido Pennano -- Politics -- Former Officer Rejects Coup of Any Kind by Francisco Morales Bermudez -- Belaunde Terry Urges International Economic Measures by Fernando Belaunde Terry -- Vargas Llosa Would Support Government With Proper Corrections by Mario Vargas Llosa -- Osterling Sees Credible Economic Recovery' As Essential by Felipe Osterling -- Ballesteros Wants All Parties' Cards on the Table by Enrique Bernales Ballesteros -- Alva Castro Urges Amendment of Law on Terrorism by Luis Alva Castro -- Morales Bermudez Says Subsidies and Fair Prices Hard To Reconcile by Remigio Morales Bermudez -- Terrorism -- PIP Head Discusses Role of Police by Lt Gen Fernando Reyes Roca -- Judge Advocates Improvement of Criminal Laws by Judge Carlos Hermoza Moya -- Senator Stresses Responsibility of Municipalities by Senator Rolando Ames Cobian -- Jurist Calls for Civilian Control in Emergency Zones by Diego Garcia Sayan -- Party Leader Discusses Role of PUM by Santiago Pedraglio -- General Discusses Role of Armed Forces by Army Gen Luis Cisneros Vizquerra -- Interior Minister Names Three Factors in Democratic Stability by Adm Juan Soria -- General Advocates Right To Vote for Military Personnel by Gen Sinesio Jarama -- Richter Prada Discusses Military Expenditures by Army Gen Pedro Richter Prada -- Judicial -- National Accord Advocated by Raul Ferrero -- Penal Reform Advocated by Luis A. Bramont Arias -- Mistrust of Justice System Cited by Javier de Belaunde -- Political-Military Command Criticized by Francisco Jose Eguiguren -- De Soto on Informal Economy by Hernando de Soto -- Church -- Excesses Decried by Msgr Luis Durand Flores -- In Defense of Life by Msgr Luis Bambaren -- Need To Give Up Privileges Cited by Catalina Romero -- Equality Advocated as Answer to Violence by Ernesto Alayza -- Regionalism -- Problems in Regionalization Process Outlined by Luis Bustamante Belaunde -- Velasquez Discusses Regionalization Issues by Luis Caceres Velasquez -- Details of Regionalization Law Explained by Jose Scalffi -- Advantages of Regionalization Listed by Efrain Gonzales de Olarte.
- Document Date: 9/22/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278898