JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 49 pages
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-88-067
- Egypt Prepared To Aid Gulf Peace, Iraqi Reconstruction -- Dr Al-Tayyibi Discusses Mediation for Release of Israeli Prisoners by Palestinian Physician Dr Ahmad al-Tayyibi -- Ambassador Mahir Discusses Taba Talks, Ambassadorship to USSR by Ambassador Ahmad Mahir -- Minister of Industry Reports Public Sector Production Figures -- NPUG Secretary General Interviewed on 'Egypt's Revolution", Nasirists by NPUG General Secretary Khalid Muhyi-al-Din -- Writer Views Jordan Decision's Effects on PLO, Israel by Salamah Ahmad Salamah -- Economic Conditions Draw Flood of Arab Tourists by Sabir Shawkat -- National Study Prepares for Returning Skilled Workers by Amal 'Allam -- General Discusses Effects of Intifadah on IDF by Eytan Rabin -- RATZ, Leader Analyzes Palestinian, Israeli Situation by Dedi Zucker -- Rabbi 'Amital of New Religious Party Profiled by Menahem Kahat -- Editor Rejects Terrorism Claims of THE WASHINGTON TIMES -- USSR Reportedly Asked To Supply Oil at Spot Rates by G.K. Pandey -- Moves To Improve Indo-Soviet Cooperation Told by K.K. Sharma -- Soviet Envoy Takes Part in Festival, Evokes Leftist Ire by Ashis Chakrabarty -- External Affairs Panel members -- More Details Given -- Problems of Bilateral Trade With PRC Discussed -- Greece, Cyprus Concerned Over Gandhi Turkey Visit by F. J. Khergamvala -- 15 Jul Banquet Speech by Lalit Raizada -- Speech to Indians in Madrid -- Madrid Press Conference -- 19 Jul Talks, Pacts Signed -- Increased Trade Expected -- 14 July Belgrade Speech by F.J. Khergamvala -- Cooperation Pacts Signed -- Gandhi Speech to Congress-I MP's Reported -- Communique on Darjeeling Talks Summarized -- Minister Summarizes Contents of Eighth Plan -- CPI-ML Faction Removes General Secretary -- Delhi To Bid for Higher Direct Foreign Investment -- Fall in Foreign Exchange Reserve Makes India Borrow by Tapan Dasgupta -- Draft White Paper on Public Sector Enterprises Reviewed -- Monsoon Brings Prospects of Good Autumn Harvest -- New Highyield Oil Field Found off Western Coast -- Orissa Test Range by Barun Ghosh -- Balasore Test Range -- Plans for Bijapur -- Scientists' Meeting -- Fuel Reported Suspect by Joydeep Gupta -- Launcher Development Review by L.K. Sharma -- Lack of Funds Grounds Plans To Build AWACS -- Opposition United Front Drafts Constitution.
- Document Date: 9/9/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278948