JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-88-068
- Soviets Ask Arabs To Halt Arms Sales to Afghans -- Report Details Gulf Economic Statistics -- Aluminum Melting Plant To Be Built -- Carter's Visit Seen Counterbalance to Dukakis' Stance -- Soviets Loan 120 Million Sterlings for Hulwan Steel Plant -- Al-Gharib Discusses Future Investment Problems by Muhyi-al-Din al-Gharib -- Soviet Pledge for 'Uyun Musa Plant -- AfDB, EEC Loans Total $365 Million -- Labor Party Differs With Wafd on National Front Issue by Adil Husayn -- Air College Director Lauds Pilot Training Methods by Faruq al-Shadhili -- Central Bank Subsidizes Development Bank -- Suez Governor Discusses Infrastructure Projects by Suez Governor Maj Gen Tahsin Shanan -- Debate Underway Regarding Sinai Free Zone by Nash'at al-Taghlubi -- Banks Report Decline in Exchange Revenues From Last Year by Faraj Abu-al-'Izz -- Student Poll Shows Apathy, Views on 'Dictatorial System' by Jihad 'Abd-al-Mun'im -- Opposition Divided on National Front, Local Elections by Usamah 'Ajjaj -- Opposition Leader Criaticize Latest Term of Parliament by Labor Party Leader Ibrahim Shukri -- Schiff Analyzes Impact of Iran-Iraq Ceasefire on Israel -- Article Discusses Problems Faced by Ethiopians in IDF by Amihay Dagan -- Possible Expansion of Jerusalem City Limits -- Al-Huss Outlines Qualifications for New President by Prime Minister Salim al-Huss -- JANA Editor Praises USSR Condemnation of American Policy Toward Libya -- Information Minister Discusses Maghreb Unity, Domestic Affairs by Mauritanian Minister of Information Haibetna Quid Sidi Haiba -- Writer Outlines Problems in Fiscal Practices, Suggests Options by 'Ali 'Abbud -- AKHIR SA'AH Columnist Denounces Syria's Policies Toward Palestinians -- Gandhi Returns From Visit to Europe, Meets Press -- Editorial Lauds Gorkha Agreement -- New Cabinet Panels on Minorities, Expenditure -- CPI-M Leader Interviewed on Treatment of Stalin.
- Document Date: 9/19/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21278949