JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Political Affairs [electronic resource] : Soviet Commentary on the 19th Party Conference
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 86 pages
- Soviet Union. Political affairs (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UPA-88-036
- Estonian Delegate Describes Work of Conference Commissions by G. Rozenshteyn -- Uzbek Obkom Chief Interviewed on Conference Impressions by Salidzhan Mamarasulovich Mamarasulov -- Guards Officer Views Party Conference Achievements by Lt Col Sh. Bashenov -- Returning Estonian Delegates Hold Press Conference -- Estonia's Saul Views Republic's Contribution to Conference by B.E. Saul -- Estonian Journalist Comments on Conference Discussion of Press by Yukhan Aare -- Lithuania's Songayla, Returning Delegates Speak at Party Meeting -- Shcherbitskiy Addresses Returning Conference Delegates -- Young Conference Delegate Considers Future Career in Politics by Yuriy Surkov -- Conference Delegates Discuss New Tasks For Primary Party Bodies -- Moscow Obkom Chief Interviewed on Aftermath of Conference by V.K. Mesyats -- SOVETSKAYA KULTURA Readers React to Conference Speeches, Resolutions by G. Terekhova -- KRASNAYA ZVEZDA Readers Air Views on Conference Decisions -- Izvestiya Runs Readers' Letters on Party Conference -- PRAVDA Surveys Readers' Letters after Conference -- RSFSR Justice Minister Interviewed on Reform of Courts by RSFSR Minister of Justice, 19th All-Union Party Conference delegate V.A. Abolentsev -- Head of Political Science Research Center Writes on 'Legal State' by Doctor of Juridical Sciences Professor Mikhail Piskotin -- Jurist Examines Proposal to Combine Party, Soviet Posts by Doctor of Juridical Sciences B. Kurashvili -- Jurist Discusses Conference Decision on Legal Reform by B. Kurashvili -- Criminal Investigation Offical Views Resolution on Legal Reform by M. Kozhyevnikov -- Justice Minister Interviewed on Legal Reform Resolution by USSR Minister of Justice B.V. Kraytsov -- PRAVDA Curries Editorial on Conference Resolutions -- PRAVDA Carries Editorial on Democratization Resolution -- IZVESTIYA Runs Editorial on Post-Conference Political Reform -- PRAVDA Carries Editorial on Antibureaucracy Resolution -- IZVESTIYA Editorializes on Party Role in Reform -- PRAVDA Editorial Views Resolution on Ethnic Relations -- IZVESTIYA Editorial Views Expanding Democratic Process -- PRAVDA Carries Editorial on Glasnost Resolution -- PRAVDA Editorial Considers Resolution on Legal Reform -- IZVESTIYA Editorial Examines Interethnic Ties -- IZVESTIYA Editorial Considers New Role of Soviets -- IZVESTIYA Editorial Considers Resolution on Glasnost -- IZVESTIYA Editorializes on Struggle Against Bureaucracy -- IZVESTIYA Considers Concept of State Based on Law.
- Document Date: 8/31/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21279035