JPRS Report. Africa (Sub-Sahara) [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 61 pages
- Africa (Sub-Sahara) (1987-1988) ; JPRS-SSA-88-012
- USSR To Contribute to Africa Fund -- EEC Loans To Strengthen West African Infrastructure, Mining -- Dissident Groups Coalesce Against Habre -- Ideology, Capabilities, Medical Services of EPLF Described by Kurt Pelda Orota -- Agreement With Sweden on Sinking Wells in Ogaden Signed -- Dam Construction Under Way -- Minister Cites Studies on Energy Needs -- Sector Development Discussed -- Domestic Goods Unaffected by Metical Devaluation -- GDR Donation to Frelimo Party -- Devastation of National Health Network Described -- War Creates Health Problems for Chibuto -- Implications of Spain's Civil Guard Cooperation Discussed by Alberto Miguez -- Number of Victims Hampers Relief Efforts -- Low Level of Agricultural Production -- Drought Affecting Cattle, Palm Productivity in Zambezia by Jorge Morais -- Drought, War Affecting Increasing Numbers in Gaza by Caspar Zunguene -- Niassa Governor on Low Agricultural Production in 1987, 1988 by David Filipe -- Ministry Introduces Training Program in Forestry, Natural Resources -- Moamba Launches Five-Year Agricultural Program -- Agricultural Projects Under Way in Gaza Province -- EFRIPEL Director Discusses Enterprise's High Production -- Peanut Experts To be Trained Overseas -- Czechoslovak Light Bulbs Distributed to Provinces -- Canning Factory Rehabilitated With FIB Aid -- SWANU (MPC), SWAPO D Oppose by Rajah Munamava -- Anti-Vote Efforts Denounced -- Columnist Urges Nonparticipation by Gwen Lister -- Clergy, Teachers Reportedly Targeted by RSA Security by Chris Shipanga -- Interview With Country's AWB Leader, Van As by Hendrik van As -- Contradiction, Confusion Seen in Interim Government by Rajah Munamava -- Herero Administration Said To Face Financial Problems by Rajah Munamava -- Lack of Police Control Said To Cause Atrocities by Chris Shipanga -- Babangida Urges Soldiers To Return to Barracks -- Babangida Urges Businessman To Curb Malpractices by Anietie Usen -- Thatcher's Visit Raises Thorny Bilateral Issues by Dapo Olasebikan -- Archbishop Advocates Intensified Internal Struggle To Fight Apartheid -- UK Gives Fresh 22 Million To Complete Bi-Water Project -- Foreign Debts Considered for Equity Investment by Paul Ahanmisi -- Initial Successes Follow IMF Credits, Reforms -- Import Inspection of Goods Saves $149.9 Million in 6 Months by Roseline Umesi -- Reduced Crude Allocation Results in Domestic Shortages by Ndu Ugnamadu -- Role of Private Sector in National Economy Discussed by Louis Okoroma -- NNPC Urges Foreign Contractors To Finance Pipeline Project by Ndu Ughamadu -- Division Among Senior NNPC Staff Slows Commercialization by Stephen Agwudagwu -- Drought, Pest, Natural Causes Induce Food Shortages -- Agricultural Economy Problems by Prof Olusegun Famoriyo -- Editorial Proposes Clearing House To Resolve Parastatal Disputes -- Camels Used To 'Smuggle' Grains to Niger by Salisu Nainna -- China To Co-Sponsor Bardhere Dam Project -- SADF, Police Seen Displacing Civil Powers in Policymaking by Gerd Behrens -- 'Joint Management Committees' as Shadow Township Governments by Hans O. Staub -- Joint Venture To Produce Hydrogen Peroxide Locally -- CSIR Develops Industrial Steam-Drying Process -- Control Valves for Various Industries To Be Made Locally -- Black Health Union Recognized -- Potwa To Recruit Other Races by Stan Mhlongo -- Chamber of Mines Manager Urges Stronger Stand on Behalf of Miners Rights by Desmond Blow -- Azapo Seeks To Influence Culture by Ian Gray -- Maize Exports Halted -- Museveni Returns From Cuba, Warns Otai, Speaks on Economy by Godfrey Byaruhanga -- Czechoslovakia Signs $30M Trade Protocol by Asuman Nakendo -- Tax on Consumer Goods, Transport Raised -- Producer Crop Prices Raised -- Traders To Be Registered, Licensed by Heilen Mukiibi -- Rehabilitation of Sugar Plants Underway.
- Document Date: 3/1/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21279067