JPRS Report. Science & Technology. USSR--Science & Technology Policy [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 81 pages : tables
- Science and technology. USSR: science and technology policy (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UST-88-012
- S&T Research Institute Director on Consequences of Reforms by Professor V.V. Solomatin -- Chairman of Academy's New Ural Department on Progress, Prospects by Academician Gennadiy Andreyevich Mesyats -- New State Interbranch Association 'Kvant' Formed by A. Prilutskiy -- Cost-Benefit Analysis Lackingfor Major S&T Projects by G. Sidorova -- GKNT Chairman Tolstykh Discusses Transition to Self-Financing by Deputy Chairman of the USSR Council of Ministers and Chairman of the USSR State Committee for Science and Technology B.V. Tolstykh -- Ramifications of Introduction of Cost Accounting into Science by Boris Leontyevich Tolstykh -- Scientific Research Institute Details Experience With Self-Financing by G. Ivanenko -- Cost Accounting Mechanism for Science by R. Kozhevnikov -- Talented, Young Scientists Co-opted into Administrative Career Tracks by Academician B. Raushenbakh -- Turnover of Officials in Academy of Sciences Reported by A. Lepikhov -- Funding Problems Prominent at Session of Leningrad Scientific Center Presidium by N. Volynskiy -- Institute Head on Laboratory Closings, Inadequate Science Training by U. K. Alekperov -- Professor Decries Technological Lag of Soviet Students, Lack of Computer Experience by V. Akhmedov, S.M. Kirov -- U.S. Approach to S&T Security Issues Outlined by K. Petrov -- Reforms Fail to Improve Publication of S&T Literature by M. Gelman -- Scientist Sees Little Improvement Despite Lifting of S&T Publication Rules by V. Krichagin -- Effects of Proposed Changes in Secrecy, Military Policies on Civil Production by G. Pushkarev -- USSR Supreme Soviet Attacks Lagging Computer Industry by IZVESTIYA special correspondent A. Ivakhnov -- Report on Presidium's Work by V. P. Samson -- Report of Technical, Physical Sciences Department by Academician of the Latvian SSR Academy of Sciences A.F. Krogeris -- Report of Chemical, Biological Sciences Department by R. A. Kukayn -- Speech of CPL CC Secretary by Ya.Ya. Okherin -- Discussion of Presidium's Activity -- Baklanov Visits Troubled MNTK 'Rotor' -- Academician Calls for More Emphasis on Human Problems Research by V. Kaznacheyev -- Decentralization, More Freedom for Scientists Urged by L. Zagalskiy, V. Sharov -- Biographical Sketch of Latvian Academician R. Ya. Karklin -- Obituary of Ukrainian Geologist Oleg Stepanovich Vyalov.
- Document Date: 11/14/1988.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21279139