JPRS Report. East Asia. Korea [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1987.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages
- East Asia. Korea (1987-1990) ; JPRS-KAR-87-055
- Declaration of 29 June, U.S. Strategy Toward Korea Reviewed -- U.S. Influence on Political Transition Viewed by Political Columnist Cho Se-hyong -- Seoul Paper on U.S. Observation Team for ROK Elections -- Daily Opposes Dispatch of Foreign Election Supervisory Team -- New Democratic Republican Party Founding Declared -- Platform of New Democratic Republican Party -- Acceptance Speech by Kim Yong-sam -- Talks With Journalists by Tong-a Ilbo, Hanguk Ilbo, Chungang Ilbo, Munhwa Broadcasting Company News Department director Kang Song-ku, Kwan-hun Club Secretary General Kangln-sop -- 'Party for Peace and Democracy' -- Kim Announces Party Policy -- Government Accused of Meddling in Election -- TONG-A ILBO Views Importance of Televised Campaign Speeches -- Polls Conducted on Presidential Election -- Paper Views Criticism of Election Campaign Coverage -- Paper Cautions Military Against Sensitivity To Criticism -- Self Restraint Called For Following 29 June Declaration by Chung Ku-chong -- Increased Multinational Production Agreements by Kim Song-won -- Domestic Original Model Cars -- Party Stresses Consumer Goods Production by Kim Myong-ch'i -- Increased Production of Robots -- Technological Achievements by Ahn Yung-sup -- Solidarity With China Reaffirmed -- Seoul Paper Details Pyongyang's Overseas Military Activism.
- Document Date: 12/7/1987.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21279357