JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Political Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 105 pages : tables
- Soviet Union. Political affairs (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UPA-90-032
- Constitutional-Monarchist Party Formed by Sergey Volyevich Yurkov -- 'SOYUZ' Roundtable on Problems of Federation by Lev [Illegible] -- Comment on Sakharov's Constitution Draft by M. Chelnokov, N.E. Bauman, A.D. Sakharov -- Results of Estonian Parliament Election Viewed by IZVESTIYA correspondent Leonid Levitskiy -- Latvia's Peters Comments on Aspects of New Federation by Yanis Peters -- 4 May Latvian Supreme Soviet Activities -- Latvian Decree on Gorbunov; History Given -- 7 May Latvian Supreme Soviet Activities -- 8 May Activities of Latvian Supreme Soviet -- Candidate Addresses Latvian Supreme Soviet by Deputy A. Alekseyev -- Ukrainian Communist Party Draft Program Principles -- Ukrainian Communist Party Decree on Congress Commission -- Ukrainian Communist Party Proposes Draft Statutes -- Legality of Ukrainian Elections Examined -- Ukrainian Soviets Elect Leaders -- More Ukrainian Oblast Leaders Elected -- Ukrainian Party Organizations Prepare to Select Congress Delegates by A. Panchenko -- Sobchak Views Baltic Independence Drive by people's deputy Anatoliy Sobchak -- Russian Opposition in Estonian SSR Supreme Soviet Session Described by Leonid Levitskiy -- Estonian Citizen's Congress Viewed by Leonid Levitskiy -- Hopes for Western Support of Estonian Independence Scorned by Julo Uluots -- USSR Justice Minister Cites Problems in Legal System by V. Yakovlev -- MVD Official on Organized Crime in the USSR, US by A. Gurov -- Juridical Science Authority's View by Professor A. Koblikov -- RSFSR Supreme Court Official's Opinion by V. Radchenko -- Roundtable Discussion by P. Lukyanchenko -- Crime Expert Interviewed by People's Deputy of the USSR Yuriy Vladimirovich Golik -- Co-Chairman of Parliamentary Gdlyan Commission Interviewed by N.A. Strukov -- MVD Official on Moscow Militia's Role by Lieutenant General P.S. Bogdanov -- Vice President of RSFSR Cooperatives' Union Arrested by V. Kuznetsov -- KGB Officials Discuss Foreign Services -- MVD Fights Organized Crime in Georgian Trade Sector -- Militia Deaths Due to Poor Safety Equipment Deplored by IZVESTIYA's correspondent A. Illesh, V. Rudnev -- Latvian Law on Alternative (Labor) Service -- Estonian Law on Labor Service -- Belorussian Authorities Dispute Official Post-Chernobyl Data by S. Pastukhov -- Official Aid to Chernobyl-Affected Belorussian SSR Ineffective by A. Gulyayev -- RSFSR Council of Ministers Reviews Draft Chernobyl Recovery Plan -- All-Union Greens Movement Established by A. Budennyy -- Commission Announces Ufa Chemical Accident Findings -- Economist Sees Environmental Control Funding as Economic Stimulus by V. Maklyarskiy -- Goskomgidromet Chairman Izrael Updates Chernobyl Radiation Aftermath -- New Education Official Profiled by I. Smirnov -- Estonian Draft Law on Education -- Estonian SSR Minister on New Estonian Draft Education Law by Rein Artur Loik -- Obstacles to Regulating Orthodox-Catholic Conflict Viewed by P. Yurchenko.
- Document Date: 6/8/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21280219