JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Political Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 81 pages : tables
- Soviet Union. Political affairs (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UPA-90-047
- USSR Deputies' Club Discusses Models for Future Federation by O. Moroz -- Democratic Union Chairperson Interviewed by Valeriya Ilinichna Novodvorskaya -- RSFSR People's Deputies Quit Party -- RSFSR Supreme Soviet Factions Profiled by L. Yefimova, A. Sobyanin, D. Yuryev -- Gidaspov at Leningrad Party Conference by B. V. Gidaspov -- Prokofyev On Russian Party Congress by Yuriy Anatolyevich Prokofyev -- Polozkov on RSFSR CPD, Party Congress by Ivan Kuzmich Polozkov -- Europe's Indifference to Baltics Viewed by Aleksey Sheynin -- Estonian Supreme Soviet 7th Session Reported -- Opposition to Estonian 'Equal Rights' Group Detailed by P. Panfilov -- Kezbers on Independent Latvian Communist Party Future by Ivars Kezbers -- Latvian Peasants Union Formed by staff correspondent E. Govorushko -- Brazauskas on Moratorium, State of Party by Algirdas Brazauskas -- Prunskiene 26 June Supreme Council Report by Prime Minister of the Lithuanian Republic Kazimera Prunskiene -- Lithuanian Public on Standoff with Moscow by D. Romanov -- Belorussian Repeat Election Winners Listed -- Composition of New Belorussian Parliament Analyzed -- Deputies' Appeal to Ukrainian Parliament on Chernobyl by People's Deputies from Zhitomir oblast V. Yatsenko, V. Bondarev, V. Rudyk, M. Duplyak, V. Budko -- Rukh Official On Political Objectives by O.H. Vlokh -- Rukh Hunger Strike in Vinnitsa by UKRINFORM correspondent Ye. Zakharyash -- Ternopol Oblast Soviet Chairman Elected -- Kirghiz Decree on Osh State of Emergency -- Kirghiz Plenum on Osh, Congress Agenda -- June 4 Information Report From Uzbek CP Congress -- Karimov Report to Uzbek CP Congress by First Secretary of the Uzbek CP Central Committee and Uzbek President I.A. Karimov -- Future of Ethnic Relations Debated by A. Gasparyan -- Moscow Soviet Deputy on Refugee Problem by Aleksandr Yuzefovich Melnikov -- Independents Evaluate Moscow Soviet -- Future of Latvian People's Front by Romualds Razuks -- Georgian Parties, Informal Groups Listed -- Georgian Nationalist Discusses Party Views by Irakliy Batiashvili -- More on Georgia's National Forum Convention by Eteri Kakabadze -- Crimean Oblast Official on Tatar Resettlement by Leonid Grach -- Georgia: Retaliatory Attack on Militia -- Growth of Crime in USSR, West Compared by Candidate of Psychological Sciences Leonid Radzikhovskiy -- Estonian Social Problems Minister Profiled by Arve Kuddo -- Russian Culture Association Renamed, Registered -- Writer Venedikt Yerofeyev Dies; Life, Work Eulogized by Lev Aleynik -- Likhachev Urges 'Radical Reform' of Soviet Culture Fund -- Bolshoi Theater Problems Prompt 'Warning Hunger Strike' by Yu. Grigoryev -- Association of Independent Writers Formed -- Results of 1989 Census for Moscow by Yu. Ventskovskiy.
- Document Date: 8/3/1990.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21280279