JPRS Report. Central Eurasia. Military Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages : figures
- Central Eurasia. Military affairs (1992- ) ; JPRS-UMA-94-041
- Journalist on Crime, Black Market Arms in Military by Yuriy Mikhaylov -- Col-Gen Kondratyev Discusses Peacekeeping Mission by Col.-Gen. Georgiy Kondratyev -- Finance Ministry Letter, Defense Ministry Commentary -- Duma Defense Committee Session on Finances by Vladimir Yermolin -- Vorobyev: Army's Tasks 'Cannot Be Resolved' on Budget by Colonel-General Vasiliy Vorobyev -- Col-Gen Kolesnikov on General Staff Functions, Flank Limits by Colonel-General Mikhail Kolesnikov -- Experience of Totskoye Exercise Pondered by Gennadiy Miranovich -- Investigation of Power Shut-Down to Central Command Post by Viktor Litovkin -- Discussion of Tandem Unit Infantry Fighting Vehicle by Andrey Beskurnikov -- BMD Airborne Assault Vehicles -- Russian Helicopter Shot Down Over Chechnya by Oleg Kusov -- V-Adm Golosov Responds to R-Adm Aleksin on State of Navy by Vice-Admiral (Ret.) Rudolf Golosov -- Khraptovich Answers Aleksin, Other Navy Defenders by former nuclear missile submarine captain, Reserve Captain 1st Rank Albert Ivanovich Khraptovich -- Disposition of Black Sea Fleet Trade Directorate by Black Sea Fleet Press Center -- Northern Fleet: Remote Garrisons Supplied Fuel by Dmitriy Litovkin -- Potential for Recycling Obsolete Munitions by Dmitriy Litovkin -- Amur Flotilla Base Transferred to Border Troops by Valeriy Usoltsev -- Epidemics Threat in Armed Forces by Ivan Ivanyuk -- Lvov Activist on Funding Activities for Navy by Pavlo Volodymyrovych Havryshkevych -- Political, Military Situation in Gorno-Badakhshan by Arkadiy Dubnov -- Georgian Procurator Loses in Clash With Defense Minister by Vitaliy Denisov -- Samoylov: 'No Significant Increase' in Arms Sales Foreseen by Viktor Samoylov -- Need for New Arms Export Strategy by Igor Korotchenko -- Commentary on Kuwaiti BMP-3 Buy by Rustam Narzikulov -- State Commission Discusses MIG-29 Sale to Malaysia by Aleksey Kirpichnikov -- Review of Nizhniy Novgorod Arms Fair by NEZAVISIMAYA GAZETA Military Commentator Nikolay Plotnikov -- Outlook for Arms Development Under START, CFE by Aleksandr Pikayev -- Alternate Paths To Revive Defense Industry by Oleg Antonov -- Aircraft Firms Vie To Meet Need for New Trainer by Yuriy Salnikov, Boris Orlov -- Perm Defense Plants Reduce Production by Half -- Scandal at St Petersburg Defense Institute by Dmitriy Travin -- Merger of Zvezda, Kaliningrad Machine-Building Protested by Grigoriy Sanin -- Nuclear Warhead Plant Director Interviewed by Yuriy Kuzmich Zavalishin -- Gareyev: 'War and Military Art in a Changing World' by General of the Army Makhmut Akhmetovich Gareyev -- Military Aspects of U.S. National Security Policy by Colonel Aleksandr Ivanov -- Russian Border Guards Chief in Tajikistan Interviewed by Lieutenant-General Anatoliy Chechulin.
- Document Date: 10/12/1994.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21287377