JPRS Report. Epidemiology [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 47 pages : tables
- Epidemiology (1987- ) ; JPRS-TEP-94-014
- Iceland, Sweden, Lithuania Build New Pharmaceutical Plant -- Tokyo Continues Aid For Tuberculosis Control in Nepal -- Albanian Health Ministry Signs Cooperation Agreement With Turkey -- Southern African Health Report Monitored 4-10 July -- Southern African Health Report Monitored 25-31 July -- West/Central/East Africa Health Reports 7-28 June -- Official Notes Sleeping Sickness Spreading -- Anemia, Malaria Kill 209 in Upper East -- Health Ministry Launches Anti-TB Program by Rosemary Ardayfio, Jehu Duncan -- Guinea Worm Greatly Reduced in Brong Ahafo by Kwame Asare Boadu, Sunyani -- Cholera Outbreak Reported in Akuapem South by Ransford Tetteh -- Cholera Outbreak in Monrovia -- France Grants Funds for Various Projects, AIDS Control -- Government Announces AIDS Prevention Campaign -- AIDS Budget Increases; Total Funding Not Secured by Kathryn Strachan -- Cholera Outbreak at Kaputa Causes 12 Deaths -- Minister Says 90 Percent of Deaths HIV-Related -- Prevalence of HIV and HCV Among Injecting Drug Users (IDU's) in Yunnan by Li Daqin, Zheng Xiwen -- 'Urgent' Precautions Needed Against AIDS 'Epidemic' -- Experts Develop Medicine Against Hepatitis B -- Hainan Makes 'Great Advances' on Tropical Disease Treatment -- Hong Kong Not To Be Declared Cholera-Infected Territory -- Health Department Records 226 HIV Cases Through June 1994 -- Hospital Planned for HIV Carriers, AIDS Patients -- Article Views Nation's AIDS Medical Care Crisis by Phillippa Bourke -- Article Links AIDS Problem, Nation's Sex Industry by Reiko Saito -- Premier Says Agent Orange Victims To Be Given Financial Aid -- Diarrhea Kills 20 People in Saravane Province -- Diarrhea Kills 36 in Saravane Province -- Thirty-One Persons Killed by Diarrhea in Saravane -- Memorandum Signed With Asian Development Bank for Health Improvement Project -- Health Department Reports 84 AIDS Deaths -- Gastroenteritis Epidemic, New Cholera Cases Reported by Raymund Catindig -- Cholera Deaths Reach 170; Confirmed Cases Hit 1,773 -- Cholera Cases Reported in Five More Provinces -- Health Department: HIV Population May Reach 60,000 by 2002 by Lilian Wu -- Program Director Dispels Rumors on HIV Research Test -- Use of 'Traditional Medicines' for AIDS Victims Encouraged -- Some 1,000 Infected With HIV; 34 Deaths -- Five More HIV Cases Reported in Can Tho Province -- Bac Thai Province Works To Eliminate Leprosy -- Provinces in Final Phase of Anti-Leprosy Program -- Malaria Cases Declining Throughout Country by Manh Hung -- Statistics Reveal Incidence of AIDS by Age, Sex, Location -- Scientist Claims Discovery of AIDS Treatment -- Gastric Typhus, Cholera Threaten Kosovo Residents -- Brucellosis, Intestinal Diseases Viewed -- South American Health Report Through July 20 -- Central American, Caribbean Health Report Through 22 July -- Central, North American Health Report Through 29 July -- Southern Cone Health Report Through 21 July -- Butantan Institute To Produce Hepatitis B Vaccine -- New Rat Species Bred for Increased Hepatitis B Vaccine -- Minister Says 222 HIV Cases in Rajasthan -- HIV Cases on the Rise in West Bengal by Padmini Sitaraman -- Over 10,00 Cholera, Gastroenteritis Cases Reported -- Malaria Epidemic Breaks Out in Assam District -- Malaria Kills 46, Affects 30,000 in Jalpaiguri District -- World Bank Lends $85 Million for Leprosy Control by Sanjay Banerjee -- High Incidence of Liver Diseases Discussed -- Ministry Official Gives AIDS Statistics Update -- Cholera, Diarrhea 'Epidemic' Reported in Karachi -- Seventeen Die From Cholera in Aden in Past Three Days -- New AIDS Law Stresses Preventative Measures -- Volgograd AIDS Victims Mainly Hospital-Infected Children -- State Committee Gives Statistics on Infectious Diseases -- Maritime Kray Diphtheria Epidemic Rated 'Critical' by Andrey Gavrilenko.
Dagestan Fears Outbreak of Cholera by A. Kalinina -- Specialists Leave to Help Combat Dagestan Cholera Outbreak -- Dagestan Cholera Cases On Increase by ITAR-TASS correspondent Anna Bakina -- Sickness Increasing in Regions Hit by Radiation Accidents; Unions Call For More Aid by Andrey Nikolayev -- Conferences Urges Better Antiradiation Protection by Albert Kubarev -- French Study Shows Russian Life Expectancy 'Lowest in Europe' -- Health Ministry Warns of Diphtheria Spreading From CIS Countries -- 'Alarming' Tuberculosis Outbreak Occurs in Tbilisi by Inga Alavidze -- Chisinau Fails To Improve Quality of Drinking Water -- Tuberculosis, Leukocytosis Hit Moldovan Cattle by Valeriy Okunev -- Outbreak of Dysentery Reported in Khatlon Oblast -- Health Official on AIDS Control, Prevention by Valeriy Ivasyuk -- Official: Aland HIV Cases Likely Undercounted -- Center Reports Increase in Equine Diseases -- Genetically Altered Bacteria Experiment Approved -- Health Office Reports New AIDS Cases, Deaths -- Health Service Ombudsman Releases Annual Report by Philip Johnston.
- Document Date: 9/29/1994.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21287416