Banana trumpet games [sound recording] / P.Q. Phan
- Phan, P. Q. (Phuc Q.), 1962-
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- New York, NY : CRI, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Richards, Edwin Michael, 1954-, Mihai, Julieta L., Altino, Leonardo G., Tanosaki, Kazuko, Richtmeyer, Debra, King, Nancy Ambrose, Brooks, William, 1943-, Moersch, William, Phan, P. Q. (Phuc Q.), 1962-, Decker, Pamela, Tanosaki-Richards Duo, University of Illinois Percussion Ensemble, and Samaris Piano Trio
- Banana trumpet games : for organ (1993)(5:35) -- Beyond the mountains : for clarinet, violin, violoncello and piano (1995)(14:57) -- Rough-trax : for alto saxophone and oboe (1993, rev. 1999)(7:30) -- Unexpected desire : for piano, violin, and violoncello (1997)(9:17) -- My language : for clarinet and piano (1999)(12:09) -- Rock blood : for percussion ensemble (1994)(5:55).
- Compact disc.
Program notes by Robert Carl and biographical notes on the composer (11 p. : port.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The 1st work: Pamela Decker, organ. 2nd work: E. Michael Richards, clarinet ; Julieta L. Mihai, violin, Leonardo G. Altino, cello, Kazuko Tanosaki, piano ; William F. Brooks, conductor. 3rd work: Debra Richtmeyer, alto saxophone ; Nancy Ambrose King, oboe. 4th work: Samaris Trio (Molly Fung, violin ; Brian Dumm, cello ; Sylvia Wang, piano). 5th work: Tanosaki-Richards Duo (E. Michael Richards, clarinet ; Kazuko Tanosaki, piano). 6th work: University of Illinois Percussion Ensemble (Stacy Bostwick, Teun Fetz, Richard Kurasz, and Joshua Manchester, percussion) ; William Moersch, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Clapp Recital Hall, University of Iowa, 1995 (1st work); Foellinger Great Hall, Krannert Center for Performing Arts, University of Illinois, 1999 (2nd-5th works); and Tryon Festival Theater, Krannert Center for Performing Arts, University of Illinois, 1999 (6th work).
View MARC record | catkey: 2130883