Soviet-Bloc Research in Geophysics, Astronomy, and Space. No. 184 [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 76 pages : figures
- Soviet-bloc research in geophysics, astronomy, and space (1961-1975) ; JPRS-45946
- Shklovskiy Discusses Nature of Pulsars by I. Shklovskiy -- Review of Importance of Meteor Observations by Academician V. G. Fesenkov -- Icarus Photographed by Abastumanskaya Observatory by Pravda Correspondent G. Lebanidze -- Kazakh Astronomers Photograph Icarus by TASS Correspondent O. Ognev -- Contribution to the Theory of Radio Emission of Mercury by Yu. N. Vetukhnovskaya, A. D. Kuz'min -- Hypsometric Levels of the Lunar Surface by I. V. Gavrilov, V. S. Kislyuk -- Isophotes of Zodiacal Light and its Circumterrestrial Component by N. B. Divari, N. I. Komarnitskaya, S. N. Krylova -- The Radiation of Fireballs by I. N. Kovshun -- Further Contribution to Study of Figure of the Moon by N. L. Makarenko -- Dependence of Parameters of Telluric Lines on Air Mass by N. I. Kozhevnikov, M. A. Klyakotko, G. A. Porfir'yeva, G. F. Sitnik -- Fragment Sizes Characteristic of Strong Explosions by A. K. Mukhamedzhanov -- Feature Article on Weather Forecasting and Weather Modification by Khoren Pogosyan -- Handbook on Climate of USSR: Karelian ASSR -- Manual on Climate of USSR: Estonian SSR -- Manual on the Climate of the USSR: Armenia -- Manual on Climate of USSR: Krasnoyarsk Kray and Tuvan ASSR -- Manual on Climate of USSR: Central Oblasts -- Book on Hydrogeological Mapping by V. G. Tkachuk -- New Book on Hydrometry by N. V. Pikush -- Electrical Measurements of Aerophysical Values by L. G. Kachurin -- Flux of Long-Wave Radiation in Boundary Layer of Clouds by Ye. M. Feygel'son -- Computing Atmospheric Counterradiation for Large Areas by Kh. Yu. Niylisk -- Vertical Structure of Radar Echoes from Hail Clouds by L. G. Kachurin, B. M. Vorob'yev -- Diurnal Changes in Radon Exhalation and Concentration by Ye. Ye. Sen'ko -- Annual and Semiannual Variations in the Near-Water Atmospheric Layer by V. I. Byshev -- Relationship Between Radioactivity Variations and Atmospheric Movements by A. F. Kuzenkov -- Possibility of Stimulating the Growth of Air-Mass Cumulus Clouds by N. I. Vul'fson, L. M. Levin -- Moisture Content Indices in Permafrost Regions of USSR by V. S. Mezentsev, R. Z. Poritskiy -- Numerical Methods of Weather Forecasting by A. S. Dubov, M. I. Yudin -- Underwater Springs in the Black Sea by G. A. Maksimovich, T. Z. Kiknadze, N. N. Kitshkoveli -- Symposium on Diffusion in the Sea by R. V. Ozmidov -- Pacific Ocean Waters in the Arctic Basin by Ye. M. Gushchenkov -- Ukrainians Contribute Atlas of Equatorial Atlantic and Carribean Areas by S. Shantyr' -- Handbook on Hydrological Processes by L. S. Borishanskiy -- Book on Pacific Ocean Plankton -- Sound Scattering by Nonuniformities in the Ocean Floor by Yu. Yu. Zhitkovskiy -- Method for Studying the Temperature Field of the Sea Surface by D. T. Matveyev -- Fluctuation Data from the Atmosphere--Sea Surface Interface by S. A. Kitaygorodskiy -- A Method for Computing Water Temperature by K. S. Pomeranets -- Tidal Map of Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans by K. D. Tiron, Yu. N. Sergeyev, A. N. Michurin -- Use of "Geodimeter"-Type Instruments in Antarctica by A. S. Maslennikov -- Feature Article on Recent Crustal Movements by Nikolay Ansberg -- Status of Macroseismic Research in Uzbekistan by C. A. Mavlyanov, R. N. Ibragimov, V. I. Ulomov -- Part II of Feature Article on Archeology and Magnetism by L. S. Kleyn -- Tashkent Research Center for Earthquake Predictions -- Geology of the Stanovoy Uplands -- New Monograph on Microseisms by L. N. Rykunov -- Velocity of Elastic Waves in Crystalline Rocks; Dependence on Moisture Content by N. B. Dortman, M. Sh. Magid -- Magnetic Anomalies of the Transcarpathian Foredeep by M. K. Gnilko, N. P. Mikhaylova, I. V. Gapak -- Upper Mantle Characteristics in Pacific Ocean Transition Zone by I. K. Tuyezov, P. M. Sychev, Yu. A. Pavlov, M. S. Gimpel'son.
Paleomagnetism and Stability of the Continents by O. M. Rusakov -- Permafrost Strata in the Earth by N. A. Grave -- Summary of Recent Soviet Space Exploits -- Effects of Artificial Radiation Belts on Radio Communications by I. Krasyakov -- TASS Announces Launching of "Kosmos-225" and "Kosmos-226" -- Siforov Examines the Future of Satellite Communications by Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences USSR Vladimir Ivanovich Siforov -- Belyayev Discusses Precision Landing of Manned Spacecraft by Col. P. Belyayev -- TASS Announces Launching of "Kosmos-227" -- TASS Announces Launching of "Kosmos-228" -- Conference of Bloc Countries Cooperating in Space Research -- An Abridged Space Bibliography by O. A. Yermolayeva, A. I. Malkovich, G. P. Ordina, L. S. Samokhvalova -- Physical Conditions Near the Mesopause by V. N. Konashenok, G. M. Shved -- Properties of Fluctuations of Ultrashort Wave Signal by T. I. Arsen'yan -- New Data on Venus by M. Kroshkin -- Organization of Earth Sciences Section, Academy of Sciences -- Preparations Under Way for Fourteenth Soviet Antarctic Expedition by G. Bregman -- "Severnyy Polyus-17" Drifting Station Construction Completed by Station Chief N. Blinov -- Some Representative Samplings of Soviet Writings on International Space Agreements and on Space Law by V. I. Shilin.
- Document Date: 7/22/1968.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21309928